Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

1941 byf Luger

Article about: Hi gents, just got back from Birmingham Militaria Arms fare where I have just picked up this new luger from. While I was there I met up with Ade and we had a walk around and looked at some o

William, I think a divorce is on the cards to be honest I can sell the house car the lot, buy lots of guns
    Ben

True....Lugers go Up in values...but Women go up in Costs....lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Right mate got you, mine 41 is 6125q and the 1936 one is 622h, does the same apply to the DMW made lugers?
    Yes DWM and Erfurt used the same serial sequence during WWI. Browning was one of the few that also deviated from the traditional method of numbering. They didn't reset the counter when they took over production until they dropped the tangent site. Then in 1943 they started the sequence again with the letter "a" behind the serial number, then in 1944 they shifted to the letter "b" at the end. Mauser, Walther and CYQ (Spreewerk) also used the same serial sequence on the P38 as was used on the Lugers.

Wow beautiful

Hi Ben
    It does have black grips, but the finish does not look black.
    I have a Byf 42 Portuguese Navy black widow Luger, and the finish looks darker than yours.
    Maybe its from the photos.
    Cheers
    Nuno

?

The pic of you and Ade brought a smile to my face on an otherwise bleak and rainy monday.
    Nice P-08 as well. Congrats.
    You are to be commended on trigger discipline. Always good to see.

Nuno, the finish is actually darker than my other lugers to be honest

- - ------- - -

Quote by Scout View Post
    You are to be commended on trigger discipline. Always good to see.
    Thats the ex military in me, second nature lol
    Ben

[QUOTE=Ben Evans;1035618]Nuno, the finish is actually darker than my other lugers to be honest

- - ------- - -

Maybe it was just the photo quality.
    Anyway, good stuff Ben
    Cheers
    Nuno

?

I see nothing wrong with your grips, but for piece of mind might check inside architecture with study that was done on Jans site under history! I believe there are 3 normal patterns discovered,but after checking mine out have since forgotten. There had been some fakes made for a while as Widows sell for higher prices and had been in high demand

Quote by docf View Post
    I see nothing wrong with your grips, but for piece of mind might check inside architecture with study that was done on Jans site under history! I believe there are 3 normal patterns discovered,but after checking mine out have since forgotten. There had been some fakes made for a while as Widows sell for higher prices and had been in high demand
    I have checked out the grips Doc, one of the first things that I did, they are the proper bakelite grips for the gun
    Ben

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast