Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Chromed Luger

Article about: They were not chromed from the factory. Perhaps aftermarket and sold new, but not from the factory. Although they are a part of the luger's history in a general sense, and no luger collectio

Default Chromed Luger

Did the Germans Chrome or Nickel plate lugers?

If so or not what should be the price to pick up? High to low?

Default Re: Chromed Luger

These were never plated by the Germans. However, plating was a popular early post war fashion with many GI's. It really does devalue the pistol in monetary terms. But I find them interesting historically, as the plated finish is a typically 40's /50's fashion "look".

Cheers, Ade.

It is a post war chroming but it looks good. There are a few minor pitts but ALL the numbers but the Mag match. Comes with a 1918 Holster. Wanted 700.00. What do you think

?

As I recall rhere were some pre-war Krieghoffs Gold, silver,and nickel plated,with engraveing, 1 was acquired dureing the war by a GI in Suhl.Please refer to Randall Gibsons book,Krieghioff Lugers, also recall another author mentiong them,but forgot his name, he also said Goreing had a Smith/Wesson 38 on him when captured,also mentioned the serial #. Have to back track to get this authors name and book.{Ok name of the book is Luger Variations by Harry Jones}.One of the best early books on Lugers,better than the new ones.
    Last edited by nvvet; 08-24-2010 at 01:10 AM.

?

To me the top book is Lugers at Random,1969 edition, 488 black/white pages with a photo on each page,11x9inches, for reserarch on lugers and their accessaries,Charles Kenyon Jr, published the Bible...Harry Jones is next,and then Fred Datag/Sydney Aberman{and more}...These guys were buying lugers from ww2 vets and sorting them out, they made the Luger collecting hobby what it is today. My opinion.

?

My father-in-law has a beautiful Belgian Hi-Power made under Nazi contract. It was nickel plated by someone after the war and was showing some wear an flaking. After looking at it, I recommended that we have it restored since the collector value was already cut when it was plated. I found a great gunsmith and sent it off - took several months to slw-etch the plating off and re-work it. Came back looking like a true beauty.

?

Sounds Cool Mark, any chance haed let you post some photos of it on here?

?

I loked for pics yesterday as I was posting my comments - realized I never took any "after" shots. I'll borrow it and shoot some and post before/after in another thread.

There was a company in California called EMF back in the late '50s-early '60s that sold Lugers, P-38's, and Mauser Broomhandles that were available nickle plated, or with several styles of engraving (all post war done). If I can find it, I may still have their old catalog showing their products. Collectors beware........

If the company still exists, probably nobody is still employed there that remembers these. They were quite nicely done, and it was before these guns became highly valuable.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast