Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Chromed Luger

Article about: They were not chromed from the factory. Perhaps aftermarket and sold new, but not from the factory. Although they are a part of the luger's history in a general sense, and no luger collectio

Default Re: Chromed Luger

They were not chromed from the factory. Perhaps aftermarket and sold new, but not from the factory.

Although they are a part of the luger's history in a general sense, and no luger collection would be complete without one, $700US is too much for a chromed luger. $500 is better. Beware stripping the chrome. You may only find yourself re-chroming it later. Not only was this done for "bling" it was also done to hide pitting and whatnot. I stripped the chrome off one because it was flaking and found moderate to severe pitting in some places.

Chromed LugerChromed LugerChromed LugerHere's a commercial Krieghoff that is dated 9.9.41.

Pretty! Yours?

It's in my possesion but is not mine. I am selling it as part of a friend's collection. It was originally awarded to Ernst Bohle who was the leader of the Foreign Organization of the NSDAP from 1933 until 1945. It is one of the P series Krieghoff's.

^ I would buy it! Those gain prices every year, considerably. What else is he selling. But luger's were usually chromed after war by a G.I. Almost a war prize.

This pistol is not chromed nor is it nickled. The finish was achieved by a treatment of platinum and acid. It was engraved and finished in Suhl in 1941. This pistol was origianly part of a set of two given to Bohle in 1941. The pair were in a fitted case. The second pistol is a Walther, either PP or PPK, engraved and finished to match the Krieghoff. The Walther and the case are now in the hands of a collector in California.

Quote by habicht View Post
    This pistol is not chromed nor is it nickled. The finish was achieved by a treatment of platinum and acid. It was engraved and finished in Suhl in 1941. This pistol was origianly part of a set of two given to Bohle in 1941. The pair were in a fitted case. The second pistol is a Walther, either PP or PPK, engraved and finished to match the Krieghoff. The Walther and the case are now in the hands of a collector in California.
    shame to split things like this up, it is allways like a next part of history whit story is lost or destroyed, not against you but i dont like it, shure i love the luger but this was just to that story

I have in my possesion a Luger my Grandfather brought back nickled. My grandfather was going into a bunker inland of Omaha I beleive when a german soldier started to come out. He cut the soldier in half with his Thompsom. He realized the soldier was an officer and removed a BFW 41 Luger/holster/loading tool and a hitler youth knife. He actually had it nickled during the war. He collected nickels from other soldiers and had it done in Belguim. He bragged to us that he was the only soldier he ever saw carrying a nickled luger in combat. Probably ruined the value of it but it is not something I would ever part with anyway. I'll post pics up of it soon if any one cares to see it.

I for one would love to see it. Thanks for relating your Grand Dad's story about it.

Cheers, Ade.

Sorry it took me so long to snap some pics. Here is the only Luger I know of that was carried in WW2 nickled. The second pic has my Waffen proofed broom handle red nine along side it.
    Edit: this is not the knife that came with the Luger. My family has misplaced it over the years so I'm afraid it's been lost.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast