Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First Luger , 1915......want to learn about it !

Article about: Hello All ! My first Luger......got in a trade and know very little other then it's a 1915 DVM po8 in 9mm ( hope I got that correct ). I tried looking up the little markings and did not find

Default First Luger , 1915......want to learn about it !

Hello All ! My first Luger......got in a trade and know very little other then it's a 1915 DVM po8 in 9mm ( hope I got that correct ). I tried looking up the little markings and did not find much. Wondering if this is a decent shooter grade example. I've not yet attempted to break her gown to check numbers further. Any info appreciated.
    Safe to shoot ? The action seems very tight.

Thank you , JoezetaFirst Luger  , 1915......want to learn about it !First Luger  , 1915......want to learn about it !First Luger  , 1915......want to learn about it !First Luger  , 1915......want to learn about it !First Luger  , 1915......want to learn about it !First Luger  , 1915......want to learn about it !

From what is able to be seen, so far the numbers all seem to be matching. It looks to be a nice condition Early WWI Luger. I probably would not shoot it, as it's over 100 years old now and has earned it's rest and retirement. Steel can get brittle over age and nowadays loads can be pretty hot for the old boy to be cycling. And, besides, the finish is too nice to be handling it all that much in any case. Nice find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    From what is able to be seen, so far the numbers all seem to be matching. It looks to be a nice condition Early WWI Luger. I probably would not shoot it, as it's over 100 years old now and has earned it's rest and retirement. Steel can get brittle over age and nowadays loads can be pretty hot for the old boy to be cycling. And, besides, the finish is too nice to be handling it all that much in any case. Nice find!

Thanks very much for the info. Would you know if this is a commercial example or military ? Any idea what the little proof marks signify ? Finish appears original ?

Thank you !

The little squiggle stamps on the receiver in the photo #5 are the standard German military receiver proofs, found on DWM Lugers from 1914-1918, so it is definitely a standard issue Luger for the military from WWI.
    William

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The little squiggle stamps on the receiver in the photo #5 are the standard German military receiver proofs, found on DWM Lugers from 1914-1918, so it is definitely a standard issue Luger for the military from WWI.
    Thank you, I took it apart today via a helpful YouTube video......gave it a wipe down in and out...all numbers match, including the grips. Very nice bore too. Unfortunately the mag I received with it does not match.

MAP
    ?

Don't know what you traded for this, I think you did very well. A very nice piece. One item still on my "wish" list.

Congratulations!

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Now you'll need to pick up a correct holster for it. And, of course, the tools to go in the holster as well.
    William

Yes I'd like to find correct holster
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First Luger  , 1915......want to learn about it !   First Luger  , 1915......want to learn about it !  

First Luger  , 1915......want to learn about it !   First Luger  , 1915......want to learn about it !  

First Luger  , 1915......want to learn about it !   First Luger  , 1915......want to learn about it !  

First Luger  , 1915......want to learn about it !  

Now, oil it up and quit taking it apart! lol Finding a WWI firearm in this kind of condition is getting harder and harder every day. You've got yourself a fine old Luger from the days of the Trench Warfare!
    William

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast