Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German Luger

Article about: Hello Guys, I have recently acquired this pistol/holster. As I know little about German stuff (I am passionately into SOVIET), and know even less about firearms, I was thinking and hoping th

Default Re: German Luger

If it's frozen up you might want to soak it in clp or some other type of oil. Old oil basically turns into varnish and acts like glue. A good soaking overnight might free it up. I'd remove the grips before soaking it if possible. I've never messed with lugers but I'm sure you can find disassembly and spring replacement info on the net. that's a nice pistola by the way.

?

Quote by packin9 View Post
    It looks like you have good'n there!But I think if I were you I would just keep it as a collector piece. Having a qualified gun smith check it out before shooting it would be good to do. And living in the good old U.S A. you have a much larger and better choice of home defense weapons. Go down to the gun shop and check it out.
    Great Luger.

Agree with this gentleman. Find a gunsmith that is good with Lugers before you shoot it. Toggle actions are very different from Colt/Browning type actions.

Look at Jan Still's Luger page. A few 41 Mauser banners were noted with "black widow" grips.

BLACK GRIPS DATA REQUEST - Jan C Still Luger Pistols Central Powers Axis Pistols Discussion Boards From Gunboards.com

Gentlemen!

I sincerely thank you all for your insightful replies and advice.

I'll get this cleaned up and show more images as soon as possible.

Yes, I am excited!
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

These guys are a bit on the high priced side but Mauser Lugers ain't cheap. https://www.simpsonltd.com/index.php...14bf88005e1cea
    I'll keep an eye out for the grip screws, I checked Gunpartscorporation but it doesn't look like they have any.

Mike

?

Quote by Pompa Mike View Post
    These guys are a bit on the high priced side but Mauser Lugers ain't cheap. https://www.simpsonltd.com/index.php...14bf88005e1cea
    I'll keep an eye out for the grip screws, I checked Gunpartscorporation but it doesn't look like they have any.

Mike

Jesus christ. I bougt mine some 15 years ago and paid 500 dollars for it. It is an all matching except for the mag. It is in very good condition and it has no spots or pittings. It is a 1938 S/42 model complete with holster. Here in Denmark they are harder and harder to come by as those who own them, dont want to sell.

brgds
    Shed

Quote by shed View Post

Jesus christ. I bougt mine some 15 years ago and paid 500 dollars for it. It is an all matching except for the mag. It is in very good condition and it has no spots or pittings. It is a 1938 S/42 model complete with holster. Here in Denmark they are harder and harder to come by as those who own them, dont want to sell.

brgds
    Shed
    Guns just get more and more valuable. I'm really into m1911a1 pistols, I recall as a young fella you could find one for around a hundred bucks, Now you are looking at near a thousand that may have gone through some parts swaps, An A1 origional these days you can multiply that thousand X3. The only thing that I can think of that has paced guns in cost it gas......(Petrol for all you guys across the pond)

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2