Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help needed with two WWII lugers?

Article about: Even if it's not the exact holster that was issued with it, it's still a decent Luger holster and I'd definitely keep the pair together. Luger's are great shooters when they're not jamming f

Default Help needed with two WWII lugers?

Need help with two lugers, that I might be interested in buying out of an estate that is coming up for sale. The first is a 1937 S/42 all matching numbers no import marks, veteran bring back with period holster. I would say the finish is 80%. I would like to know what this would be worth. This is the gun in the first two pics.

The second gun is a byf 41 it is import marked La plata, MD I think it might be a russian capture, it appears to have a darker finish. All serial numbers appear to match, it does not have X through serial numbers like some russian captures do. It also has a wwii holster. I would like an idea of value on this gun on also. This is the gun in last two pics. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed with two WWII lugers?   Help needed with two WWII lugers?  

Help needed with two WWII lugers?   Help needed with two WWII lugers?  

Default Re: Help needed with two WWII lugers?

WWII Lugers with matching holster and all numbers matching usually go for anywhere from $1000 up to maybe 2000 or so-realistically. In the condition yours is in, probably closer to the 2000 and maybe even abit more. A decent Holster can bring 200 bucks or so by itself. Russian capture guns-maybe half of that-in the 800 to 1000 dollar area. You'll see sellers asking absurd prices sometimes, but what they can Sell them for is usually something much different from what they are Asking... The S/42 is in nice shape! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Agree with william. I would give $1500+ top one, if holster is good shape. $2000 tops

Thanks alot for the help, I will keep you updated. I was able to buy a real nice p38 ac 43 all matching parts with holster, no import marks, veteran bring back from him yesterday.
    Last edited by TNcollector; 09-16-2011 at 02:49 PM.

As i live far away from US, i can't comment on the price; i can only admire the f a n t a s t i c looks...If the finish is original, they are undoubtly collectors's items...
    Amazing Lugers...
    Regards, Thanos.

Both extremely nice Lugers. They both appear to be in excellent condition.
    Hope you get a good deal on one of them, or both !

Keep us posted.............!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thank you for the 'like' Walkwolf...I only wish i lived in Canada or the US...
    Take care, Thanos.

Well I was able to get both lugers. The veteran bring back has a german soliders name very lightly scratched on the frame it appesrs to be Elmo Gideon with a series of numbers. They each came with a holster.

The holster in the first 3 pics had the vet bring back in it. This holster is not dated, do you think this holster is period and approprate for the 1937 S/42?

I pretty sure the holster in the second 3 pics is period it is dated 1939.

I am taking the import marked luger out to shoot it with in the hour. Will have a range report later tonight.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed with two WWII lugers?   Help needed with two WWII lugers?  

..... !
    Regards,

Steve.

The luger shot well I had a good tight group at about 30 yards. It was my first time to shoot a luger, the pistol just feels good in your hand.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast