Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just got this Luger

Article about: Hello All. Just picked up this WWI Luger with holster. It is a Erfurt 1912. It is about 85% and all matching numbers except for the unnumbered wood bottom magazine. It is unit marked and I h

Default Just got this Luger

Hello All. Just picked up this WWI Luger with holster. It is a Erfurt 1912. It is about 85% and all matching numbers except for the unnumbered wood bottom magazine. It is unit marked and I hope someone can tell me what unit it came from. The Holster is dated 1915. It has the takedown tool and no extra magazine. The holster has one belt loop that needs repaired. But what do you expect for a 100 year old luger rig. It will look nice in my WWI section of my War room. Remember next year is the 100th anniversary of the start of WWI.
    Thanks,
    JohnJust got this LugerJust got this LugerJust got this LugerJust got this LugerJust got this LugerJust got this LugerJust got this LugerJust got this LugerJust got this LugerJust got this LugerJust got this Luger
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Default Re: Just got this Luger

Nice addition mate!

Infantry Regiment 144 [5. Lothringisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr.144] Company 10 Weapon 5

The regiment was part of the 33rd Division at the start of the war

33rd Division (German Empire) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does appear you got a nice one. Good info from Richie B. Use hardball ammo if you shoot it. lugers can be tough and fussy. Haven't seen one lately but last one was and S/42 marked world war 2 one for $1800 a few years back.

thanks for the nice comments, the information on the unit markings, and the "likes" guys. I fell into this one from an auction for $1100.00.
    I can't believe that WW1 lugers bring less than WWII lugers do these days. Back 25 years ago they seem to bring the same money.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

just sold a s/42 .all matching except for the mag. 2 months ago. had a small chip on the grip. but was in exc cond. shot well. for 1450.00 US. Looks like you did well. they dont come around often. gun shop down the road he has alot of lugers. he said recently the popularity isnt as strong for the lugers as they once were. wonder if its because alot of the vets are dieing off. might be agood time to acquire a few.as they may come back around as alot of things do. NICE LUGER.

Quote by deadeye View Post
    just sold a s/42 .all matching except for the mag. 2 months ago. had a small chip on the grip. but was in exc cond. shot well. for 1450.00 US. Looks like you did well. they dont come around often. gun shop down the road he has alot of lugers. he said recently the popularity isnt as strong for the lugers as they once were. wonder if its because alot of the vets are dieing off. might be agood time to acquire a few.as they may come back around as alot of things do. NICE LUGER.
    There is always a place for a Luger or five in any collection

I just saw a 70-75% s/42 luger w/ 42 dated holster, tool, 1 original mag and 1 post war mag sell for $2100.

Great buy guns. I'd jump all over that deal any day.

?

Very nice addition to your collection

check this out. this is made of bronze. may be a early advertizing peice. dont know. but its reall kool
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just got this Luger   Just got this Luger  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast