Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luger 1916 with "red nine" on grips.

Article about: Hi, What is the signification of this "Red Nine" on the grips of a matching DWM 1916 Luger P08, please. Thanks for replies. Best regards from Alsace , France. Carfin.

ian
    ?

Default Re: Luger 1916 with "red nine" on grips.

im still very unbelieving of all of this ,,i feal a nerviose twitch ,,i just dont believe a word of aney of the so called explonations of this ,red 9
    on any LUGER ,,i just dont see a reason or a need to do this on a luger ,, IE you dont see .45 on the grips of a US eagle
    i hope that i will be proved wrong as my statement here is myself thinking but i dont at this time think im wrong

That's a very reasoned answer, It does sound very possible.

In All my years of collecting lugers, I have never seen this before. I know that they had 30 lugers. I have a number of these also.
    Something different.....

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the explication.
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    All the German military/naval Luger types were in 9mm Luger-I suppose a few .30 cal examples may have ended up in use as a result of war emergency needs but you would think that they would be the ones to be marked to show a non standard calibre round. It should also be noted that the conical projectile 9mm Luger round is not the same as the round nose 9mm Parabellum that won't feed correctly in the P08 types.
    Lithgow, by conical projectile do you mean the truncated cone bullets. If you do I cast and shoot the Lyman 356402 120 grain truncated cone bullets in my PO8's and have never had any trouble with them in the 4", 6" Navy or the 8" Artillery. I use 4.5 grains of Unique with a velocity of approximately 1000 fps.

samnev-I was saying that the round nose 9mm won't feed correctly-can't see any reason to mark the grips on a Luger, especially a standard 4" barrel model.

On another note, I hope you haven't been affected by the bushfires in Arizona recently-'fire is the Devil's only friend'.

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    samnev-I was saying that the round nose 9mm won't feed correctly-can't see any reason to mark the grips on a Luger, especially a standard 4" barrel model.

On another note, I hope you haven't been affected by the bushfires in Arizona recently-'fire is the Devil's only friend'.
    Lithgow,
    Thanks for your concern. The Hot Shot crew that was killed by the fire were all from our area. The Yarnell fire was 35 miles from our home but two weeks before we had a fire, the Granite Mountain Fire. The 7000 acres that burned was right at the edge of our town, Prescott. The same crew the Granite Mountain Hot Shots had fought that fire. Fortunately no loss of life or property at that one It was about 6 miles from our home. The monsoon season has arrived and we have finally gotten some rain which should help reduce the fire danger somewhat. The whole town is in a state of shock but we are all responding with donations to help the families of those that perished.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2