Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Luger Arrival

Article about: Geladen is what it says. It means loaded. Hope I spelled it right?? John

They are commanding around 2.5 -3K now !!!
    Ben

?

Yeah I know Ben I bought an MP40 new spec 1200 big ones.. because you will pay another grand for old spec. & seeing that I don't strip them I thought sod that another 1000!!! So I have a new spec & be done with it lol.. Cheers Terry.

?

Nice old girl Ben. If you decide to have the Holster repaired let me know. Don't get too aggressive for extra mags etc. unless you are going to use it. I never use matching # guns as you have devalued your piece god forbid a part breaks. Don't forget the thing is almost 100yrs old, metal changes with time, and metallurgy was different then. Luger collecting is very vast with numerous subtypes and is Expensive. I started very young at one time had 24 in total. Always buying the best I could afford,always except for my first buying all matching examples unless a rare model. Now in time have dwindled to nine all matching rare pieces that I am proud of . The one I show'd you the other day is valued current in the in the middle 5 figure range. Even though you are found of them they are Historial Real Estate. Buy pieces that are apt to grow, buy and trade up if that is where you hobby takes you. Nice early piece.
    Docf

Many thanks Docf, I am currently in talks for a 1941 Black Widow, 90% blueing all matching including mag with the black bakelite grips, hopefully I will secure a deal with it

Cheers

Ben
    Ben

Some one has got a serious Luger infection.........

Looks great from what I can see. I would say its obviously been cut off a fallen german, in the heat of battle. Nice early holster that otehrwise looks straight up!

Congrats on another score!!

?

Default Himmler shooting a Luger

Luger ArrivalLuger ArrivalI will put on line in the near future a photo of my 41 byf "Black Widow" for you. Did you know from a standpoint of issuance the 41 byf's were the ones most likely to go the the SS. There are no specfic serials however to prove . Here is a photo you may have seen of Himmler shooting a Luger.

Cheers for that Doc, I find myself now looking around the UK for decent lugers and to be quite honest there is not a lot out there at the moment!
    Ben

?

Looks great as usual!

Great looking gun-I just have one question, do all firearms in the UK need to be deactivated or can you have some kind of permit that allows an individual to own a gun that will shoot? I know when I was stationed in Germany that their gun laws are very strict, much stricter than here in New York State, however give us a few more year and the liberals here will outlaw all our guns!!

Sargetom

It is now illegal to own a pistol in the UK. There are some guys that still fire them but they have to have a long barrel and a stock of some sort that goes on the wrist or something like that. But lugers etc if live you can face up to 10 years in jail for possesion
    Ben

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast