Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Luger Arrival

Article about: Geladen is what it says. It means loaded. Hope I spelled it right?? John

Quote by docf View Post
    Attachment 592203Attachment 592203 Here is a photo you may have seen of Himmler shooting a Luger.
    He is not using the Weaver stance then lol
    Ben

?

Ben the last yr of Luger production was 1942. If you have interest check out my original TKR ( Himmler death ring) ring I posted a few days ago when I just joined the site. It is one of 200 known to exist at this time. It is under Third reich rings

Cheers for that Doc, do you know how many they made in 1942? I dont recall ever seeing a 1942 dated luger (mind you I suppose I have never looked) I have read the ring thread, again something I have never looked at before but if I started collecting these I think a divorce would quickly ensue!!!!
    Ben

Just typed in 1942 luger and two cracking guns came up, one was a Mauser luger and the other a Krieghoff luger numbered 11902, so they made a few then?
    Ben

Just used this image from the net to ask a question, if you look along the extractor there is lettering, I have notice this on mine, anyone know what it is for?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger Arrival  
    Ben

?

It means there is one in the chamber

?

Luger; The multi National Pistol is on Amazon new for 69.00 and 58.00 used. I don't know what 100 Euro is to American dollar,

Luger production largely ceased in 1943 with the last export contract for 7.65/.30 cal examples for Portugal but Krieghoff continued to make limited numbers for the Luftwaffe until 1945.

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Luger production largely ceased in 1943 with the last export contract for 7.65/.30 cal examples for Portugal but Krieghoff continued to make limited numbers for the Luftwaffe until 1945.
    Lith. I stand corrected- the era of Luger production was 1900-1945. The manufacture of Krieghoff's for commercial sales and Luftwaffe was 34-45. The Port.contract have no knowledge. The Swiss made their own from 16-45. In fact I believe in the late 80's Mauser reintroduced the luger in stainless,but didn't really go over, then Krieghoff just I believe 2 yrs ago re introduced the limited Krieghoff production at something like 16,000 per copy. For whatever have not ever been interested in Kreg.
    All in all the Luger was dead as far as production in 42, In all my collecting have truthfully never seen or referenced a 43. least a 44 or 45. The P 38 was far cheaper and far easier to produce. Lugers require much more machining,much more man hours , much more precision to produce or they simply don't work.The Luff. was almost finished late 43 and doubt many orders filled for Krieghoffs. I currently have a Luger which was taken Dec 31, 4 days after the Bulge, it was not mismatched ,but it was not a new 42 etc. it was a 1937 with mismatched holster. Only to say toward the end they used all they could get their hands on as things were in short supply. This was interesting as had to think about it a bit and pull out a reference, then jogg the memory a bit. Thanks

Cheers guys, the chambered round makes sense and a good idea, I will look into a book, ifs thats in $ much cheaper
    Ben

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast