Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luger being offered as part exchange - good example?

Article about: Hi all, a friend of mine is being offered this Luger as a part exchange for a watch, but, as he knows nothing of axis militaria, I said I would ask some knowledgeable folk for him! So, can a

Default Luger being offered as part exchange - good example?

Hi all, a friend of mine is being offered this Luger as a part exchange for a watch, but, as he knows nothing of axis militaria, I said I would ask some knowledgeable folk for him! So, can anyone tell me whether this is a nice example and how much you would expect a Luger like this to fetch in the UK (it's deactivated).

Many thanks, Tom

Luger being offered as part exchange - good example?Luger being offered as part exchange - good example?Luger being offered as part exchange - good example?Luger being offered as part exchange - good example?Luger being offered as part exchange - good example?Luger being offered as part exchange - good example?

It is a nice all matching Luger with wooden grips! The magazine is #maching as well! The only thing remaining is to dissasembly it and see it's interior numbers and parts too! Otherwise it is a very nice and desirable pistol!

MAP
    ?

I have no idea on the price of a deactivated luger in the UK, and hopefully someone here can help, but I think a lot would depend on the value of the watch as well. A Timex and a Patek Philippe have vastly different price points

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Tom

See this thread

1942 Luger (with issues)

I actually bought this Luger and had to threaten to take the seller to court to get a refund, took me ages. It all depends on what your friend wants, the luger itself is all matching, it will not click (fire) as it has no firing pin in it but you can buy one from D & B Militaria for £50. It also has no deac cert but that is not a problem. I returned it as I only collect original examples, this one has been reblued so it was no good for me. Other than that it is an all original example with an early number on it.
    Ben

If your friend wants one with original blueing it should look like this
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger being offered as part exchange - good example?   Luger being offered as part exchange - good example?  

Luger being offered as part exchange - good example?   Luger being offered as part exchange - good example?  

Luger being offered as part exchange - good example?  
    Ben

Just for comparison
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger being offered as part exchange - good example?  
    Ben

One thing I forgot to mention is that the take down lever should be marked 46 as well so that piece is not original to the gun, this is a pictures of the take down lever
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger being offered as part exchange - good example?  
    Ben

Again for comparison
    Ben

Also the grips are from a WW1 Luger and are numbered different to the gun
    Ben