Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Luger Drummag

Article about: Hey guys! I saw this Luger Drummag on an a auction. I think it's a good piece, but the seller want's 1115\\$ for it I know it's a rare thing, but isn't the price a little highe? Attachment 277

Default Re: Luger Drummag

Tom, I have two lugers, not artilery but regular, witch I saw in Normandie (Museum) haveing a drum mag!

sebastian indeed you are correct normal lugers would have used these but mainly by stormtroopers so they could have a larger capacity magazine but on a smaller gun so that they could clear a trench easier as the artillery luger is a lot longer and more cumbersome. it would have to be on a ww1 luger thought as i don't think these were ever produced after the war.....

So this magazin is not a reproduction? Right?

its original..........

got to be sure you know

Sebastian, You can try posting this on the Jan Still Luger forum. There are several very knowledgable collectors of Snail Drum Magazines there that will be glad to help you. I do not own a snaildrum, so I can't really help you wrt the originality of this piece.
    Google Jan C Still Luger Forum, registration is free. The price , if it is original, is a reasonable price. The piece looks in decent condition, and if it functions properly, then it is desirable.
    Jerry

I saw this item and I though, damn I need this for my Luger collection
    I'm looking to buy more Lugers in the future, it might be the sexyest gun ever made, atleast I think so

Quote by Sebastian View Post
    I saw this item and I though, damn I need this for my Luger collection
    I'm looking to buy more Lugers in the future, it might be the sexyest gun ever made, atleast I think so
    If you can afford it, buy it Sebastian, 'cause snail-drums are pretty scarce and when you find them they cost a fortune.
    Regards, Thanos.

Did they make these after the war?
    Do we know it's been used in WW2?

Quote by Sebastian View Post
    Did they make these after the war?
    Do we know it's been used in WW2?
    I'm noway an expert on Lugers but from the archive i got, together with a quick search in the web, no snail drum (trommel) magazines were produced after WWI due to restrictions imposed to the defeated Germany by the allies ; no 9mm Luger was produced too up to the early '30s when Adolf Hitler seized power of the State.
    All new Lugers from 1918 up to early '30s bore a shorter barrel and a cal. of 7.65mm (.32 ACP). Existing Lugers were reworked by Simson & Co. To wrap things up, it's a pretty sure assumption to state that trommel magazines were not used in WWII being awkward to carry in a non automatic weapon, no trench clearing warfare was up and since MP 40 was handy.
    Best regards, Thanos.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast