MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Luger Drummag

Article about: Hey guys! I saw this Luger Drummag on an a auction. I think it's a good piece, but the seller want's 1115\\$ for it I know it's a rare thing, but isn't the price a little highe? Attachment 277

?

Default Re: Luger Drummag

You cannot say it was not used in WW2-many police units used them post WW1.
    While not a regularly issued item, you cannot say "never."
    I have seen trommels brought home by WW2 vets.
    US dealers are wanting $1500 or so these days.
    Money is tight now and not a great time for sellers.

Quote by Mikel View Post
    You cannot say it was not used in WW2-many police units used them post WW1.
    any photos would be interested to see that............. i can not imagine why a police unit would use a trommel they are heavy cumbersome and as they were issued with SMG's why use it

?

Sebastian, it's an original snaildrum 2nd model you are looking at. The price here in Europe is between 1200 and 1500 euro, if you're able to find one...
    In the following picture you can see a 1st and 2nd model snaildrum. On the first model are attached the adaptor piece for use with the MP18/1 and a cover. There's also a snaildrum carrying pouche, a loading device and an original box of 9mm ammo...
    Hope this can help you a bit.

Adler

Quote by Adler View Post
    Sebastian, it's an original snaildrum 2nd model you are looking at. The price here in Europe is between 1200 and 1500 euro, if you're able to find one...
    In the following picture you can see a 1st and 2nd model snaildrum. On the first model are attached the adaptor piece for use with the MP18/1 and a cover. There's also a snaildrum carrying pouche, a loading device and an original box of 9mm ammo...
    Hope this can help you a bit.

Adler
    Very nice items, Adler!!! Thanks for showing.

Regards

?

In 50+ years collecting related items I have actually managed to pick up a bit of knowledge.
    I hardly consider myself an expert, but know a thing or two. Do you suppose I am simply making this stuff up?

All this is out there for someone willing to bear down and do a bit of actual research and study.
    There are more Luger books and references than I care to count.
    Disputing something with no basis other than attitude is wearisome.

Quote by Mikel View Post
    In 50+ years collecting related items I have actually managed to pick up a bit of knowledge.
    I hardly consider myself an expert, but know a thing or two. Do you suppose I am simply making this stuff up?

All this is out there for someone willing to bear down and do a bit of actual research and study.
    There are more Luger books and references than I care to count.
    Disputing something with no basis other than attitude is wearisome.
    i hope that im not being wearisome but all im wondering is. is there actually proof of the trommel being in use by police units (this is not directed at you as a whole but really at anyone who knows)
    "Disputing something with no basis other than attitude is wearisome." if no one disputes anything how would anyone learn?? i know i can't afford all the luger reference books out there i would be spending as much as a house!!
    please enlighten me

The TM08 Trommelmagazine was widely used both with the MP18/1 and the LP08 by the Weimar Police as well as Freikorps units. Much photographic evidence of this exists.

Bahnschutzpolizei certainly used them in the Third Reich era.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A picture speaks a thousand words.......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luger Drummag  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    A picture speaks a thousand words.......
    thanks Ade thats cleared that up

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast