Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luger question

Article about: Just a question ref lugers chaps, just looking around the sites like you do and I saw this one. Nice Artillery luger in good nick and for under £1000. Is it cheaper because it has been refur

Nothing Good is ever Cheap! lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Too true William, too true lol
    Ben

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    This looks like a Refurbished navy long barrel. The Artillery model has an adjustable sight on the rear of the barrel and an adjustable front sight. Looks like an S/42 re-barrel. It has Definitely been re-blued. It does look like the work was done in this century, So with that said. In my opinion this luger was redone and re-barreled with in the last 20 years. Ben is there any markings under the barrel?
    Hope this helps,
    John

You are right Guns I missed that the art barrell does have a adjustable sight the Navy barrels did not. I didn't notice it at first. timothy

The barrel is a post WWI 8" commercial barrel not an artillery barrel.
    Mauser made LP08's in 1936/1937 for the Persian and Siamese contracts.

?

If it was cheap enough, it is not imo, I would consider buying it as a shooter. But since that is a problem in the UK I wouldn't consider it. I agree with all the other posters heavily reworked and reblued. When, no way to tell for sure. As others have said an Artillery Luger should have a tangent curve rear sight on the rear of the barrel and a small notch where the rear site rests on the front of the receiver. This one doesn't so taking everything into consideration a rebarreled S/42 WW II era pistol.

ian
    ?

further to the coments already made ,,i think by the looks that the grips are modern replacements
    cheers ian

Cheers guys lots of interesting info
    Ben

Quote by habicht View Post
    The barrel is a post WWI 8" commercial barrel not an artillery barrel.
    Mauser made LP08's in 1936/1937 for the Persian and Siamese contracts.
    Thank you we came to the conclusion it wasn't a art barrel lack of adjustable rear sight. some long barrels were contracts for other countries most I have saw have that country's proof on it somewhere grips may indeed be a replacement still a nice pistol that will go well with his rig. timothy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2