Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M1906 Swiss Bern Luger

Article about: Hi guys this arrived this morning, a very nice all matching 1929 dated Swiss Bern Luger. The holster for it is also en route to me

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    Very nice Ben a shame we have to have the deactivated here
    Really breaks my heart
    Ben

Ben, that is one lovely piece. Don't shed too many tears about it being chopped. At least it didn't go into the melting pot like many did on the surrender of the pistols. My mate in Norwich had to dispose of his entire collection of over 60 Luger's . Just tell yourself that you have saved an important pistol from total destruction, it lessens the pain!

Cheers,
    Steve.

Steve, I had a lot of pistols go into the chop, 686 Smith & Wesson 357 Mag, Mk 3 browning, .22 & 32 Hammereli and .22 Des Unigue plus ££££££ of loading kit, holsters etc
    Ben

Why loading kit & holsters? You should have been able to keep that.

I used to shoot 1500 competition, pointless without the guns!
    Ben

?

Nice Luger Ben.Dont beat Yerself up over it being a deact.Look at it this way.You probably wouldnt risk firing this beauty if it were still live firing.

True Lew, very true lol
    Ben

Ben, I can't quote what you said, but the accessories were yours to sell rather than hand them over with the guns! I'm sure you are only too aware of what certain holsters can fetch!

First off, Ben, really a beautiful example. Congrats on a fine addition to your collection.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    . . . My mate in Norwich had to dispose of his entire collection of over 60 Luger's . . . .
    I don’t mean to steer this thread off course, but very briefly, was there not an opportunity to sell these pistols to foreign collectors? Perhaps insufficient time was given to do this?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Ben, I can't quote what you said, but the accessories were yours to sell rather than hand them over with the guns! I'm sure you are only too aware of what certain holsters can fetch!
    I was too gutted to be bothered, I got a price for the whole lot from the police, Lee turret press, dies, powder, speed loaders etc just could not be bothered after that happened
    Ben

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast