MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My 1917 Navy Luger

Article about: Here is my 1917 Navy luger. All matching numbers. It came with an Artillery Holster and shoulder stock. It is about 70% condition. It will look good in my WWI section of my war room. I just

Default My 1917 Navy Luger

Here is my 1917 Navy luger. All matching numbers. It came with an Artillery Holster and shoulder stock.
    It is about 70% condition. It will look good in my WWI section of my war room. I just thought I would share this one with you.
    Thanks,
    John

My 1917 Navy LugerMy 1917 Navy LugerMy 1917 Navy LugerMy 1917 Navy LugerMy 1917 Navy LugerMy 1917 Navy LugerMy 1917 Navy Luger
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

IMO Opinion I feel these naval Lugers are the rarest of finds compared to the Standard and Artillery models. This one you have posted shows exceptional care and condition. ... The Holsters is a find initself..having "Hens teeth" Very nice and Very Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

thanks Larry

?

Nice Rig!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

I've always liked the Navy Lugers-"History in your Hands"! Very nice find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Very very nice John, and all original to boot I almost had one very similar but the guy sold it, shame he could not wait
    Ben

This is my all time favorite handgun !!! And in this very good condition , wouw :-)
    Congrats on this top of the line piece ;-)

Mfg
    Marc

thanks Guys for the kind words.

John

It appears that the frame and side plate are from an Army.

It's hard to say exactly what it is. The frame is a new model short frame, but unlike the Army P.08 or a '16 or '17 Navy P.04 this one has a grip safety. The earlier Navy P.04s with grip safeties had a different frame.

Regardless, the OP should also know that he cannot use that pistol with an LP.08 (Artillery) stock. That combination is an illegal short barrel rifle under the National Firearms Act. Unfortunately, the BATFE only allows us to use a Navy stock with a Navy P.04 and an Artillery stock with a LP.08. You can't use any stock with a 4" barrel P.08.

(Well, you technically can. But you need to register it with the BATFE as a short barrel rifle and pay the fee.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast