Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My 1939 dated, 42 Luger pistol. A rare, transitional, variation. Only five reported so far in the world.

Article about: Here is an excellent condition, all matching (except magazine), 1939 dated 42 luger. For those keeping track of such things the serial number is 5448w. The interesting thing about this pisto

?

Default My 1939 dated, 42 Luger pistol. A rare, transitional, variation. Only five reported so far in the world.

Here is an excellent condition, all matching (except magazine), 1939 dated 42 luger. For those keeping track of such things the serial number is 5448w. The interesting thing about this pistol is that it is a particularly rare 1939 transitional luger. The key to this variation is that the acceptance marks on the side of the receiver are an E/63 and an E/655, instead of a double E/63 or double E/655. This was due to a changeover of the stamps in the middle of the w serial number range, where an old and a new acceptance stamp was used on the same pistol. According to my research, there are only up to 1500 of these transitional lugers ever produced and only five have been reported so far, including this pistol. BTW. This luger is still fully operational even though I haven’t fired it yet. I also have a nice 1939 dated holster for it in an interesting burgundy color.

My 1939 dated, 42 Luger pistol. A rare, transitional, variation. Only five reported so far in the world.My 1939 dated, 42 Luger pistol. A rare, transitional, variation. Only five reported so far in the world.My 1939 dated, 42 Luger pistol. A rare, transitional, variation. Only five reported so far in the world.My 1939 dated, 42 Luger pistol. A rare, transitional, variation. Only five reported so far in the world.My 1939 dated, 42 Luger pistol. A rare, transitional, variation. Only five reported so far in the world.My 1939 dated, 42 Luger pistol. A rare, transitional, variation. Only five reported so far in the world.My 1939 dated, 42 Luger pistol. A rare, transitional, variation. Only five reported so far in the world.My 1939 dated, 42 Luger pistol. A rare, transitional, variation. Only five reported so far in the world.
    Last edited by rambob; 12-27-2011 at 12:30 AM.

Default Re: My 1939 dated, 42 Luger pistol. A rare, transitional, variation. Only five reported so far in the world.

Hi and welcome to the forum!
    Very nice luger and holster you've got there! Thanks for showing.

Regards

Default Re: My 1939 dated, 42 Luger pistol. A rare, transitional, variation. Only five reported so far in the world.

Sensational!!!! Love it!!

Phill

an exceptional luger thanks for sharing

Very nice Luger and holster, Bob...
    Thanos.

?

Thanks to everyone for the nice words. I would like to say I am a brilliant collector snagging this rare prize, but the truth is, it was an accident. I just wanted a nice condition, common luger for my collection and I only found out recently that it was something special.

Bob

Bob for me to just handle one would be something special ! Merry Christmas Bud.

?

Woodsnake. Is the gun ownership laws in Australia keeping you from owning/handling a pistol like this? Sorry for my ignorance but I am not very well versed on the gun laws in other countries.

Here in the US, we gun collectors take a lot for granted with our ability to buy and own operational weapons. I am a lifetime member of the NRA (National Rifle Association) and I spend a lot of time and money making sure our government preserves our gun owners rights. I put my money where my mouth is and I vote one issue, gun ownership. FYI. The luger is the one pistol design that feels like it is part of your hand as you hold it and fire it. A beautiful piece of Engineering and I hope you get to experience that feeling one day.

Bob
    Last edited by rambob; 12-26-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Fantastic pistol and thanks for sharing. I would get an official appraisal if possible for future reference. It could probably with a bundle judging from your account if you ever chose to sell to a collector. Glad to speak to NRA member and I vote for my guns first also. Best wishes.

Thanks Bob, I too hope i get too fire one, one day, I am a member of The Sporting shooters association of Australia as we have to be a member of a recognised organisation to be able to own a firearm, or be a professional shooter or primary producer etc but a pistol license is another story I'm sure i could get one but i'd have to jump through a helluva lot of hoops to appease the powers that be, and then i'd have to be a member of a pistol club and probably have to obtain a collectors license aswell, all of which hit the hip pocket!! but i can dream.
    Regards
    Phill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast