Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My Luger arrived today :)

Article about: Well, here is my Luger that arrived today. But what does the symbole with the T on the barrle mean? thank you boys

Default My Luger arrived today :)

Well, here is my Luger that arrived today.

But what does the symbole with the T on the barrle mean?

thank you boys
    Last edited by Normandie; 04-03-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Default Re: My Luger arrived today :)

Nice one!

Anyone know what the "T" stands for?

The T markings indicates Tikkakoski, a Finnish factory that made weapons. This pistol was probably sold to Finland in inter-war years. What is the date? A nice one

"Original barrel length for normal P-08 pistol was 100-mm. Tikkakoski made 9 mm x 19 calibre replacement barrels were manufactured in two lenghts: 96-mm and 120-mm.

Finnish use: Finnish military acquired 8,000 7,65-mm Pistol M/23 in 1920's. The first delivery of 2,000 arrived in July of 1922. Small number of 9-mm pistol M/08 also saw use with Finnish military. 7,65-mm pistol M/23 was the most numerous pistol used by Finnish front-line troops during World War 2. They remained in use of Finnish military until 1980's. During Continuation War and later M/23 pistols with worn barrels were modified to 9 mm x 19 cartridge by replacing barrel and return spring - modification which in effect made them pistol M/08."

Yours looks like the 96mm version.

The guys said it was Mauser that made it and It had might been used by a Gestapo Leder in Norway, we have no proof though

Well Mauser could well have made it, but it seems the Finns replaced the barrels on some they bought from Germany in the 20's.

Or, simply that some Finnish made replacement barrels were available in Norway during the war, which is not too much of a stretch (but a bit of one). Can you measure the length of the barrel? Any markings on top, or anywhere? Wa stamps?

?

Nice P08. Congrats.
    The front sight also looks very Finnish...or at least far more in the angular style of the Lathi than the original P08 front sight which is more curved.

nice one,,where you get it,,

Seeing it from a distance, the trapezoid front sight is a dead giveaway for a Finnish P 08...Nice one...
    Regards, Thanos.

?

Quote by Normandie View Post
    Well, here is my Luger that arrived today.

But what does the symbole with the T on the barrle mean?

thank you boys
    Some how the photo of your Luger is not showing up on your post (at least from my server). I did see a Luger for sale here with a Finish front sight some years ago.