Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New to Forum Have 1938 S/42 P.08 Luger can't take pictures

Article about: Hi all, I recently received a 1938 S/42 Luger from my wife's uncle who passed away in February. He was a WW2 Army Vet who was in Germany in 1945. He brought this back with him. I noticed in

Unhappy New to Forum Have 1938 S/42 P.08 Luger can't take pictures

Hi all,
    I recently received a 1938 S/42 Luger from my wife's uncle who passed away in February. He was a WW2 Army Vet who was in Germany in 1945. He brought this back with him. I noticed in a post by Pablo that he has a Luger with the SN 3755. My Luger has a SN of 3738 and like his has all the matching numbers except the magazine. Mine however does not have an "X"stamp. I'd like to post pictures of it with all the numbers and symbols but I can't seem to get the clear detail pictures. Any suggestions?

For pictures, natural light works the best. Even with a crappy camera, daylight does wonders for the sharpness and clarity of photographs.

Once you've been approved and you've taken some pictures of the Luger, you'll want to post it here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/luger-p08-forum/

Regards, B.B.

I am patiently waiting to see your pictures of your luger. Any history behind this luger. (What outfit he was with?) Where he was stationed and or areas he may have been in during that time period?
    A digital camera and good lighting helps.
    Just my thoughts.
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

are you talking about how to TAKE pictures or how to POST pics you've taken?

I'd usually suggest a "macro" setting on the camera which allows you to get in close...but I'm old and use a thing called a camera...they were very big in olden times! :-)...if you're using your phone I can't help you....tho if it were me I'd use it to phone someone with a camera!

Re posting here...make sure the pictures you take aren't MASSIVE..then select "Go Advanced" (below right)...click on the paperclip ..then Add Files....then Choose Files.....and then Upload....and then "insert"...

You have two choices re pics...sterile or busy / cool......one is JUST the item with a neutral background...the other has loads of other stuff (dummies, other militaria, camo nets, cats, dining room tables etc etc)

one question - three answers....what a team!

Guns Ltd - All I know right now is that he was stationed in Germany and a Guard at the Nuremburg Trials. Don't know if he was in the court room during the trial but he did monitor the prisioners in their cells.
    Composite - I'm talking about taking pictures. I have both a digital camera and a smart phone. I'll try taking the outside in the daylight as BrodieBartfast suggested.
    Thank to all for your replies....

Tried to upload some pictures of my P.08 that I took when I first got it. They are not the best quality but until I can take some better ones I thought I'd post these. Unfortunately, I must be doing something wrong. I followed Composite's instructions "Go Advanced" (below right)...click on the paperclip ..then Add Files....then Choose Files.....and then Upload....and then "insert"...
    I got through to the clicking on "Add Files" And browsed my computer, found the files I wanted to upload but that's as far as I got. The files are in .jpg format if that matters.

Quote by meadowlark View Post
    Mine however does not have an "X"stamp. I'd like to post pictures of it with all the numbers and symbols but I can't seem to get the clear detail pictures. Any suggestions?
    The 'X' mark was applied to Luger's captured by the Russians, and as your example does not bear this mark it means that your wife's uncle purloined it... perhaps from a surrendering German.

Here's the pictures of my Luger that I took soon after I receive it. The quality of the pictures leaves a lot to be desired so I'll post new ones when I get my camera to cooperate! Hopefully, you will be able to see them because all I see right now is that they are attached.

New to Forum Have 1938 S/42 P.08 Luger can't take picturesNew to Forum Have 1938 S/42 P.08 Luger can't take picturesNew to Forum Have 1938 S/42 P.08 Luger can't take picturesNew to Forum Have 1938 S/42 P.08 Luger can't take picturesNew to Forum Have 1938 S/42 P.08 Luger can't take picturesNew to Forum Have 1938 S/42 P.08 Luger can't take picturesNew to Forum Have 1938 S/42 P.08 Luger can't take picturesNew to Forum Have 1938 S/42 P.08 Luger can't take picturesNew to Forum Have 1938 S/42 P.08 Luger can't take pictures

Thanks for pics provided. You have one of the nicest arms that could be had from the European theater. Great that is a bringback and you know the story. Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast