Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

One of my lugers

Article about: This is one of my lugers from my collection. It is a Veteran bring back. It is a 1920 luger with the unit markings on the grip. with a brown dated 1918 holster. All matching. It even has the

Default Re: One of my lugers

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    That is nice, and a nice story. Its good that the old boy passed it on before he passed, so many family members see these old military items as junk and dispose of them in the trash, just look at the threads in the other parts of the forums, some of the items thrown away is unbelievable.
    I've lost 3 weapons that were in my family before i was born and they were thrown away as "junk" by the elders after the war. Somehow they decided to throw away a Luger, an Italian Beretta pistol and a Mannlicher rifle! All these were gathered during and after the Battle and occupation of Crete! They were stored for almost 3 decades and when my father born the weapons were thrown in the sea because they feared that the kid will get killed!

Very nice, I used my Grand Fathers quite often for wild pig shooting, actually a better knock down than an M1 Carbine.

thanks everyone for the nice comments.
    Maybe a sticky could be added with unit markings information. I know I am not the only one that would like to know these things. Anyone got info on how to do this??

thanks,
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

thanks Terry. I hope you find one. It seems like these things are increasing in price every year.
    Cheers,

John

Quote by Tango View Post
    John a very nice looking pistol you have there...It is 1 item that is on my hit list.."deact" of course being the UK..So thanks for showing the pictures...looks great ,Cheers Terry.

Someone once helped me on here with Unit markings, I'm searching my inbox to see who it was.

On the note of price... it seems every minute they go higher and higher!

?

Love it. Your story about obtaining it is also priceless. Was very nice of him. Something to keep this Vets memory alive with you forever. Just me, but I would feel bad firing it, since he didn't all those years

thanks Bill.
    I just take it out and clean and oil it to Preserve it for my sons to enjoy. I keep it in the display case with my other lugers. This is the only luger I have true history behind it. i wish I had his unit book. It is hard bound and lots of information. it even has pictures of him in it. He told me some units had historians that made up these things. He told me of sending back all kinds of things to his wife from Paris. Tabe cloths etc.
    I do have one more pistol he let me have. It is a walther 25 cal. WTP. It has one broken part on it. I may do a thread on this one sometime.
    Again thank you for the kind words.

John

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Love it. Your story about obtaining it is also priceless. Was very nice of him. Something to keep this Vets memory alive with you forever. Just me, but I would feel bad firing it, since he didn't all those years

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2