Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original Luger?

Article about: Hey guys, I would like to know your opinion about this P08 Generally, are these corrosion marks proof of originality of the WWII guns? I am new in this stuff so I cannot judge if it is real

?

Ground dug P-08 in good condition FOR A GROUND DUG PISTOL. I like it, but as others have said, value may not be high.
    Grips replaced due to them being too damaged after long stay in the ground.
    Grip screws are modern screws and should be thrown away and replaced by period (looking) screws.

?

Quote by junior23hk View Post
    Hey John,

I still havent bought him.. I just got offer from the dealer who found it near the road where axis tried to reach US area to give up. He restored him but to be honest I am not sure if such corrosion can be made artificially on some replica too? Btw, he asked for more then 200 USD ;-)
    Anything can and will be faked by pond scum fakers in order to make money.
    Dont buy the story, buy the item and only buy from a trusted source/seller.
    Difficult to say more just from the pics.

?

Wow That is a sorry looking Luger.As others have said replacement grips and those brass screws have to go.Plenty of replacements about or if You know any one with a lathe have them turn some (2BA thread if I remember rightly)

I would offer him 100.00. You can always go up. Now with that said.. I would not go any higher than 150.00. The reason I say that is, that would be a good price for parts if any can be salvaged. If it comes to that. But like scout said. Buy the item. Not the story. The corrosion can be made by leaving it in a bucket of water for quite a while. You still have the question as Why would anyone want to devalue a luger??? Just saying...

John

Quote by junior23hk View Post
    Hey John,

I still havent bought him.. I just got offer from the dealer who found it near the road where axis tried to reach US area to give up. He restored him but to be honest I am not sure if such corrosion can be made artificially on some replica too? Btw, he asked for more then 200 USD ;-)
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2