Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sectioned byf PO8 1941

Article about: Ok, here's the story, apart from being a militaria dealer, I am also an RFD (Registered Firearms Dealer) This allows me to play with lots of toys, without having to put that variation in. An

Default Sectioned byf PO8 1941

Ok, here's the story, apart from being a militaria dealer, I am also an RFD (Registered Firearms Dealer) This allows me to play with lots of toys, without having to put that variation in. And as fortune would have it Pistols are section one on the Isle of Man. Happy Days, anyway..........

I got this a couple of years back, found in a loft!.................. and didn't know what to do with it, it was too far gone to shoot, and I really hate just de-activating them, so I thought I would try something different. It took me a long time to find the time to get around to it, but the results are pleasing to say the least
    Some will say sacrilege, others will say it's nice.....Me? I think it's fantastic, and rarely will you find another.

The pictures are not great, taken with my phone, but in all it took me 26 hours of hard graft. The pitting all over the gun was dreadful, All the rounds are inert, and now the pistol is de-activated, but looks much better than the standard de-act, I think
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sectioned byf PO8 1941   Sectioned byf PO8 1941  

Looks nice John, I like it, a bit different from the norm
    Ben

Nice work, John...Points for creativity!
    cheers, Glenn

I think it's great!

MAP
    ?

Fantastic, now to find a beat up P-38 and K98 and do the same
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

great job John.

Thanks guys. I'll try and take better photos. It really is neat in hand

Couple more before it was finished
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sectioned byf PO8 1941   Sectioned byf PO8 1941  

?

Nicely done John. I assume from this You used a milling machine and I would guess also are an engineer?

Thanks 😉 it was actually done with a Dremmel. And a set of needle files. And yes.i was an engineer 😁

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast