Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Unit marked Luger

Article about: Chaps I have seen this for sale, anyone any opinions on it? Is the blueing original, anyone any opinions on the unit marking etc? The gun is all matching apart from the mag and is dated 1937

I will have a look
    Ben

The marking is definitely Schutzpolizei Danzig. Weapon 221. Schupo Danzig established in 1921 taking over from the Sicherheitspolizei.

An order was issued in February 1937 to cease putting property marks on police equipment.

The best book on the subject - History Writ in Steel; German Police Markings 1900-1936 from where this information comes.

?

SchutzPolizei .I hope you get it if it turns out to be 100% legit. The bluing looks to be in perfect condition. I've been looking for a Luger for a while, myself but one thing or another has prevented me my day will come.
    I like the DWM Luger you got recently with the possible corpse-cut holster (if I'm remembering correctly). good luck, and I hope you find out more about it you are breaking into a whole new world of collecting here. These have many more moving parts , stamps and mysteries wrapped in enigmas than belt buckles
    Dean.

I sent you a PM. Ben. It has a unique unit mark.
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

ian
    ?

surely a 1937 luger should have straw triger and other parts ??? i was lead to believe that fully blued didnt come in until the 1939-42 period
    and they were 42-byf ?? allso there are a lot of re-worked east german police lugers on the market at the moment i dont know im realy interested for any info about this
    cheers ian

Ian

I asked on the Luger forum ref strawing, that stopped in 1937, there is a set of serial numbers where they changed over to the dip blueing method. The serial number where they changed was approx 6150. Some lugers did carry on using strawing parts, Mauser carried on until the 70's apparently
    Ben

Quote by Dean View Post
    I like the DWM Luger you got recently with the possible corpse-cut holster (if I'm remembering correctly).
    Dean.
    Dean, I was looking at that last night, I found a makers mark on the holster, and dated 1916 so matches the gun, I will post pics at some point
    Ben

You are right Dean about the New world of collecting when it comes too lugers. Ben is on the right track starting out here. In my opinion. Us luger collectors are a very opinionated bunch. I hope I can help with my limited knowledge I have learned over the years of collecting and talking to the "old master luger experts" I have been in contact with. I wish I could show all of you the Gunther Prien Presentation Luger.
    I have had this luger in my hands once in my life. It is documented and in a private collection now. It is a work of art. With all of the engraving and U-47 engraved where the chamber date would be. Nickel plated with nazi eagles in the grips in gold. It was presented to him after the sinking of the Royal Oak along with the knights cross. Well Ben keep up the collecting.
    John
    Quote by Dean View Post
    SchutzPolizei .I hope you get it if it turns out to be 100% legit. The bluing looks to be in perfect condition. I've been looking for a Luger for a while, myself but one thing or another has prevented me my day will come.
    I like the DWM Luger you got recently with the possible corpse-cut holster (if I'm remembering correctly). good luck, and I hope you find out more about it you are breaking into a whole new world of collecting here. These have many more moving parts , stamps and mysteries wrapped in enigmas than belt buckles
    Dean.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Buckman
    ?

Default Guns ltd.

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Dean, I was looking at that last night, I found a makers mark on the holster, and dated 1916 so matches the gun, I will post pics at some point
    Quote by guns ltd View Post
    You are right Dean about the New world of collecting when it comes too lugers. Ben is on the right track starting out here. In my opinion. Us luger collectors are a very opinionated bunch. I hope I can help with my limited knowledge I have learned over the years of collecting and talking to the "old master luger experts" I have been in contact with. I wish I could show all of you the Gunther Prien Presentation Luger.
    I have had this luger in my hands once in my life. It is documented and in a private collection now. It is a work of art. With all of the engraving and U-47 engraved where the chamber date would be. Nickel plated with nazi eagles in the grips in gold. It was presented to him after the sinking of the Royal Oak along with the knights cross. Well Ben keep up the collecting.
    John
    Gun ltd can u contact me regarding Prien Luger? 502.777.4998

Buckman
    ?

Default Guns ltd.

[QUOTE=Buckman;1139319]Guns ltd. can you please contact me regarding Prien Luger? You said example had documentation?? Buckmanblake502@gmail 502.777.4998
    Thanks in advance

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast