MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Walter P38 AC40

Article about: Hello Thanks for looking at my post, I just purchased this rig I am kinda excited about it. It's a numbers matching Walther P38 AC40 with a 1940 holster belt and buckle. I found a stamp whic

?

Default Walter P38 AC40

Hello
    Thanks for looking at my post, I just purchased this rig I am kinda excited about it. It's a numbers matching Walther P38 AC40 with a 1940 holster belt and buckle. I found a stamp which I have no clue about under the flap? I was also wondering about the buckle I haven't seen one like this before. Any help will be appreciated totally the blueing on the gun is like 95%

Thanks again for any help
    Curt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Walter P38 AC40   Walter P38 AC40  

Walter P38 AC40   Walter P38 AC40  

?

Default More pics

Thanks more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Walter P38 AC40   Walter P38 AC40  

The Walter looks really nice. Have you taken it down to check the numbers on the inside? Does the magazine have matching numbers?
    The belt and holster look very clean and very little wear compared to the buckle. The buckle is one I have not seen but I am not a buckle guy so wait for an expert in that field of collection.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

I'm taking it down now the magazine has numbers but not matching to the gun! Thanks for your response I'll get better pictures soon

Very nice pistol probably oct. or nov. of 1940. Cannot comment on buckle.
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Very nice pistol probably oct. or nov. of 1940. Cannot comment on buckle.
    John
    I thought that it would be more like Jan25-31st of 1940. Nice early pistol - I would say that the blueing is more like 75% though. IMO. Yes check the internal numbers and how does the bore look? I am pretty sure that the belt and buckle didn't go with this rig.

?

I have the cousin to this gun also I wish it matched numbers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Walter P38 AC40  

Walther changed from '0' series (3rd), 480 code, ac, and then ac40 stacked code to finish out the year. Many changes. The ac40 stacked code started in October of 1940 from what I have learned.
    John

MAP
    ?

I would post the belt and buckle in the correct forum (especially when you see the link from the Collectors Guild link below). You should get an answer quickly.

I don't know belts / buckles but here is a nice thread on them. Compare yours to it.

Gau Essen

And here is one for sale at the collectors guild....not sure if this the going price, but $1,600 is a big number!!!! I would tread cautiously until you get it authenticated. The belt as well...that stamp still looks fresh

The Collector's Guild

And here is a bit more info...controversial buckles to say the least

Controversial buckles
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)