Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

What are your thoughts on this Luger

Article about: Even though we live US we should not look at deacts in other countries as paperweight (or ours), for them laws restrict the owner ship of live guns. Each gun still has it own history, each i

Default Re: What are your thoughts on this Luger

Even though we live US we should not look at deacts in other countries as paperweight (or ours), for them laws restrict the owner ship of live guns. Each gun still has it own history, each item live or deactive should be considered a historic artifact and not a 'paperweight'. If you call a deact gun paper weight then what do you consider your collection? SS helmet a paper weight to? just my opinion, no direct shots at any other memebers. I just hate whenn people say historical artifacts are paper wheights. That what some people say when i display at public events.

Nice luger by the way. Good and original

I can understand the desire to own a piece of history, no matter what condition it is in.
    If I lived in the UK, and this was the only way to keep firearms, it would be fine
    with me. However, I do think the prices are out of whack. IMO these should
    really be much less money than unmolested types.

Heck - I don't even own a deac Luger, let alone a shootable one.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

I have to agree with Steve here. I cannot fathom how or why a de-activated gun should have the same price tag as a functional piece. To my way of thinking, it would be comparable to charging the same price for a classic Corvette with no engine(and welded to keep anyone from installing one) to that of a driving example. I have no problem with de-activated guns(regardless if they shoot, they were Still "There" and are pieces of retired History,after all) but the de-activation process actually physically Damages them. To me, it makes no sense that the prices stay the same.
    But, getting back to the original question-the S-42 Luger in the opening post does have some condition issues other than de-activation. As has been said, it has a obviously placed British stamping(they Could have been abit more discreet in where they did it...)and the blued finish is not of the best condition either. For 1000 Pounds, I would at least hope to have a matching period Holster and tools. The way it sits now, I would lean more towards $1000 rather than £1000.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Franz1944 View Post
    Even though we live US we should not look at deacts in other countries as paperweight (or ours), for them laws restrict the owner ship of live guns. Each gun still has it own history, each item live or deactive should be considered a historic artifact and not a 'paperweight'. If you call a deact gun paper weight then what do you consider your collection? SS helmet a paper weight to? just my opinion, no direct shots at any other memebers. I just hate whenn people say historical artifacts are paper wheights. That what some people say when i display at public events.

Nice luger by the way. Good and original
    Very wise words Franz

?

i sold one that was chrome plated for #150.00,, nobody wanted it

Britain is now a closed market for pistols and various automatic rifles/SMGs/MGs-you can only have deac weapons therefore that's the market-if you want one you pay as if it's live plus any costs associated with the deac process and the existing deacs there rise in price accordingly as well.

well i have a C&r LIC HERE IN TEXAS FOR RELICS,any thing over 50 years is good,,

?

Quote by lew07 View Post
    Very wise words Franz
    +1. Some of us are lucky enough to have so many firearms they just sit in safes or are displayed on walls and they never got fired just admired. So what really is the difference between that and deacts. Perhaps some day the US laws will change and we will have only dewats. Just look at how many class III's are dewats. Many collectors in the US collect them.

I have a few deactivated guns myself, "I got a collection of, 2000 guns" (Little Britain - Guns! - YouTube)
    Hehe, I love the Lugers, such a beauty!

yepppers on that,most of my guns in the safe i shoot them some i dont do to value of them i just leave it at that,,deacts are ok but i revther have the real deal..i love the dug up rlics there great and the history behind them ,i have 5 relics guns coming in the grease gun i got from a digger here,and a luger,and a mg-42 i got from dug-up,and a mp-40 coming from poland,

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast