Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wood bottom luger magazine

Article about: I recently picked up this luger mag, can anyone tell me what the markings mean and from what era it's from?

Default Wood bottom luger magazine

I recently picked up this luger mag, can anyone tell me what the markings mean and from what era it's from?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wood bottom luger magazine   Wood bottom luger magazine  

Wood bottom luger magazine   Wood bottom luger magazine  

Wood bottom luger magazine   Wood bottom luger magazine  

The numbers "scratched" into the finish (electro-pencil) are commonly added to "force match" parts to firearms.

If I were to guess, I'd say your luger mag went through the Russian capture/ refurbishment process. These electro-penciled numbers are commonly seen on Russian refurbed Mosin-Nagant and SVT rifles, Russian capture K98ks, and Russian capture Lugers.

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    The numbers "scratched" into the finish (electro-pencil) are commonly added to "force match" parts to firearms.

If I were to guess, I'd say your luger mag went through the Russian capture/ refurbishment process. These electro-penciled numbers are commonly seen on Russian refurbed Mosin-Nagant and SVT rifles, Russian capture K98ks, and Russian capture Lugers.
    I agree with Joe. Most probably Russian capture.

I also concur, matches the numbering style on OoTRS awards etc. The wooden base is an indicator of an early produced mag I think.

ian
    ?

i would say that the electro stenceling in this case is east german DDR police ,,note the struck through no7 ,,i also dont believe that the wooden bottom is original to this mag ,,the mag itself is a ww2 or post war blued mag ,,usualy wooden bottom mags from ww1 are nicle finnish
    cheers ian

Portuguese manufactured KK magazine.

ian
    ?

Habicht ,,that makes sence ,,would exlain things