Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WWI “unit marked” LP08 (Artillery Luger) …with lots of other stuff.

Article about: Very good story, thanks for sharing! I love reading about people finding out the history of an item they own, makes you feel like your continuing another chapter or something (or am I the ol

Default Re: WWI “unit marked” LP08 (Artillery Luger) …with lots of other stuff.

Very good story, thanks for sharing! I love reading about people finding out the history of an item they own, makes you feel like your continuing another chapter or something (or am I the oly one that thinks that lol)

?

what a fantastic find to begin with, then so many years later to get the original mag. is almost a dream. keep up the good luck !
    andrew

drm2m
    ?

Andrew and badchild thanks for your interest in this thread,….”good luck is always a part of this game” and the more historical background you can find….the more interesting this collecting hobby becomes IMHO.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Balder,

Thanks for posting your photos of your new purchase 1916 unit marked LP08.
    The photos shown below came from a fellow that is very knowledgeable regarding unit markings on WWI Lugers
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

George,

Thanks for the photos…I hope you don’t mind…. but I will send these photos to the fellow in Norway, saying that they came from you “Keoki” from this part of Jan’s forum and suggest if he would like to learn more about the history of the 122nd Regiment in 1916 that he visit this forum.

I don’t know if he has visited this forum before?

David

-------------------------------------------------------------

Here's another 1916 marked like that in Scandinavia. The two guns' markings certainly indicate that weapons in the 122nd were not marked on the company level.

(From “Keoki”)

1900-1918: Luger Unit Markings - Jan C Still Luger Pistols Central Powers Axis Pistols Discussion Boards From Gunboards.com

David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI “unit marked” LP08  (Artillery Luger) …with lots of other stuff.   WWI “unit marked” LP08  (Artillery Luger) …with lots of other stuff.  

WWI “unit marked” LP08  (Artillery Luger) …with lots of other stuff.  

Balder
    ?

David,

Thanks, I had already posted it on another forum where George kindly commented and posted his. I believe mine was sold from British government stores in the early 1950s, can anybody date the proofing under the barrel?

Balder

Fantastic post, guys - very interesting!

Jimbo

?

Beautiful LP 08 and accouterments . Is that the attachment for the snail drum that allows it to be used with the MP 18? I have one that looks the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 2