Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Yesterday I inherited a 1936 Luger. I'm still in awe and would very much appreciate any insight into the markings.

Article about: Extremely nice and very valuable Luger pistol. Yes it was made by Mauser. I would imagine the value could be as high as \\$2000 these days. I am sure it has much sentimental value so If it wer

Default Re: Yesterday I inherited a 1936 Luger. I'm still in awe and would very much appreciate any insight into the markings.

Extremely nice and very valuable Luger pistol. Yes it was made by Mauser. I would imagine the value could be as high as $2000 these days. I am sure it has much sentimental value so If it were mine I would hold onto it.

Default Re: Yesterday I inherited a 1936 Luger. I'm still in awe and would very much appreciate any insight into the markings.

Excellent Luger, Wil...
    The mags are of different weapon(s), as the original mags were numbered to the serial no. of the gun...I admired the photo of your grandfather proudly showing it...Very nice holster...Does the little pocket still contain the loading/take down tool?
    Regards, Thanos.

Very Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing it with us.

?

Don't sell it... keep it in the family!!

I'd love to have that in my collection. Beautiful.

Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

?

Very nice S/42 Luger. Condition seems to be in the high 90% range. Even without the 2 matching magazines and with the correct holster it is still worth many $$$$. Thanks for sharing.

?

Quote by COLT 1911A1 View Post
    Excellent Luger, Wil...
    The mags are of different weapon(s), as the original mags were numbered to the serial no. of the gun...I admired the photo of your grandfather proudly showing it...Very nice holster...Does the little pocket still contain the loading/take down tool?
    Regards, Thanos.
    Indeed it does. It's visible in one of the pics with the gun taken apart. I'm glad you liked the picture!

?

Quote by Bond View Post
    Outlined in red.
    That's very helpful. Thanks.

?

Quote by Ingrid Patrouille View Post
    Attachment 283544

36. Receiver proof found on early 1930-1933 Mauser reworked Lugers.
    37. Waffen Amt (Ordinance Department) proof. Found on receivers of 1930-1933 Mauser and Simson reworks.
    38. Barrel and breechblock proofs found on some 1930-1933 reworks AND on some 1934 military examples.
    39. Simson final proof. Appears with proof 37 on Simson reworks.
    40. "Mauser Arbeiten" (Mauser reworked) proof noted on a very few 1930-1933 reworks.
    41. Early Mauser proof found on DWM/Mauser variation.
    42. Mauser commerical (Oberndorf) proof. Noted on commercial and contract Mauser Lugers.
    43. Mauser Military proof noted on "K" and "G" dated examples. Right proof appears on barrel.
    44. Mauser military proof noted on "K" and "G" dated examples. Right proof appears on barrel.
    45. Mauser military proof noted on "G" date and later dated Lugers. Right proof appears on barrel.
    46 & 47. Mauser military proofs. S/42, 42, and BYF coded Lugers. Left and right proofs appear on barrel, right proof on breechblock.
    48. Mauser commercial proof found on some commercial and contract Mausers of the 1935-1942 era. The right proof sometimes appears on the front sight block.
    Thanks!

Beautiful Luger and congradulations. I believe those are Weimar eagles. Correct. I think about $2000 for a luger like that would be correct. thanks for sharing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast