Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

DRK Koppelschloss - Authentic ?

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, I've have been offered this DRK buckle, only have these three pictures. My knowledge of buckles is limited and this DRK cast buckle is virgin territory to me. Do members thi

Default Re: DRK Koppelschloss - Authentic ?

Alec, I do so agree with your final assessment and also Ben's confirmation. This is not a madly rare buckle as you know. If you are seeking to secure a representative example, then the one you have shown is perhaps not the one. The scuffing to both the top of the eagles head and the swastika somewhat detracts in my opinion. Really worth waiting for the right one and if you like "mint" buckles, then such examples of this buckle are not too difficult to find.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK Koppelschloss - Authentic ?
    P
    Many

?

Hi Everyone,
    I did eventually find a DRK buckle and belt, amongst the buckles & belts I bought from the collector who is partly selling off his equipment pieces. Again a Overhoff piece, this time with belt, cost 100 euro without damage, happy with the price. Sort of completes the circle
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRK Koppelschloss - Authentic ?   DRK Koppelschloss - Authentic ?  

DRK Koppelschloss - Authentic ?  
    Last edited by AlecH; 12-21-2010 at 11:08 PM.

Alec

Well worth the wait! An excellent condition "Overhoff".

What has happened to the swastika on the reverse?

Regards,

David

Nice set and at a good price but is there a chance that the buckle has been "re-nazified" as in it was a denazified buckle and has had work to put the swaz back on? I have seen this before!
    Ben

?

I would say Ben is unfortunately right. The buckle is most probably re-nazified and this is clearly visible on the merged images of an untouched Overhoff DRK (left one) and the buckle in question. Even though the quality of the restoration is very good the purchase itself was not favourable. To say it with German words: "Es war ein Griff in's Klo!"

Maybe there is a chance to give the set back to the seller?

Best,
    Guido
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRK Koppelschloss - Authentic ?  

Well Alec, it looks as though I owe you a big apology for providing a wrong assessment of your newly acquired DRK.

"An excellent condition "Overhoff"" - perhaps not so and my sincere apologies.

It never occurred to myself that the buckle could have been re nazified, although from what Ben and Guido have suggested, perhaps so.

The buckle needs further close investigation, however my thoughts now are that this otherwise excellent condition DRK is not what it appears to be.

Regards,

David

Here is an example of a "re-nazified" Heer buckle by Kugel & Fink, though the work is not as good as on the DRK buckle shown
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRK Koppelschloss - Authentic ?   DRK Koppelschloss - Authentic ?  

DRK Koppelschloss - Authentic ?   DRK Koppelschloss - Authentic ?  

Ben

Here are images of a re nazified aluminium 1937 SS by Sieper.

A punched out from the rear, re formed swastika.

Regards,

David

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast