MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1933 Adolf Hitler Pin

Article about: I bought this pin at a military collectibles store at a flea market. I believe it is an original as it appears to be correct, and I trust the dealer as he is very knowledgeable in WW2 collec

Quote by chbingle View Post
    unless im mistaken, I believe some of the earliest RZM marked pins lacked a corresponding code. I'm not definitive on the pin's authenticity, but I don't think it should be considered 100% fake. From the few Nazi medals/pins experts I've spoken to, or read their book, they give the pin a chance of being authentic while being unable to definitively prove or disprove its authenticity.
    If you like it... that's all that matters. You have been given decades and decades of research by many experts on this thread.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1933 Adolf Hitler Pin
    P
    Many

This from the Parteiabzeichen web site. He has done extensive research and can be believed with certainty it seems.
    "Adolf Hitler 1933 and Deutschland Erwache 1933 fantasy 1933 election badges

Pictured as authentic in Reference works such as Brüggemann-Rowedder Deutschland im Spiegel seiner Abzeichen 1930-1945 (1974 & 1977) All of the Heering/Hüsken small badge catalogs from 1982-2010, (except the Deutschland Erwache 1933) J.R Cones One People One Reich (1983) [page 24], pictured for discussion in M.Tuckers NSDAP Enamel (2005) [page17] and even pictured as authentic in the Kölnisches Stadtmuseum. [Inventar-Nr. KSM 1984/668] These are in fact, late post war Fantasy badges that are pictured for sale [amongst other Fantasy badges that have become accepted by collectors as original] in early Nicholas Morigi catalogs, and is still sold by Nicholas Morigi today for a few pounds. These badges have nothing to do with the Third Reich and regardless of reverse markings, were definitely not produced in 1933. A more accurate guess would be in 1970. These fantasy badges are covered in great detail in my book, and as far as i am aware, it is the first time that they have been examined in detail, according to history, and "outed" in-print for what they are, post war pieces of sh*t!"
    From parteiabzeichen.ch

"I just wanted to post a quick update since there is so much controversy over this pin."

There really doesn't seem to be a controversy over this pin. Everyone is in agreement.

Quote by nbushyager View Post
    "I just wanted to post a quick update since there is so much controversy over this pin."

There really doesn't seem to be a controversy over this pin. Everyone is in agreement.
    Clearly not the author of NSDAP Enamel

?

Quote by chbingle View Post
    Clearly not the author of NSDAP Enamel
    I do not know the writer nor do I know his work so I can not judge him. But all in all - Everyone can write a book. You can put anything in it that /you/ believe and sell it the way you want. Putting it in a book does not make it true.

It s*cks that the item you bought is not real, it happens to the best of us. But there is really no point in defending this item when you are the only person here that genuinely believes there could be a chance that this was from the third reich period.

If you REALLY, really believe this is real, then do your own research like the renown authors have done (such as our very own Wim Saris here on the forums) and come up with concrete evidence.

Regards,
    Bas

If you are happy with it, that is all that matters. I also have concerns that there is no manufacturer's code. The use of the RZM logo required a manufacturer's code. I learned a long time ago that when I try to hard to believe something is real, it isn't.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The Tucker book "NSDAP Enamel" was published 12 years ago. There has been much definitive research performed since...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Without sounding patronising the only book in my mind that proves beyond doubt how and what was manufactured at any given time during the 33-45 period is Jo Rivets Party book - love him or hate him( I think he's great) - he sure explains in detail

It's a bit like using the below book as a reference for real items - no disrespect intended but at the time there were few books around - and there were more fakes in the "original " section than in the fake section
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1933 Adolf Hitler Pin  
    Attached Images Attached Images 1933 Adolf Hitler Pin 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2