Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1933 SS gautag munchen commemorative medal

Article about: text reads: SS GAUTAG MUNCHEN 1933 MUNCHEN DEUTSCHLAND ERWACHE if my research is correct, this was given out as a part of the 1933 SS meeting in munich. but my research is often flawed, so h

Default 1933 SS gautag munchen commemorative medal

text reads:
    SS GAUTAG MUNCHEN
    MUNCHEN
    DEUTSCHLAND
    ERWACHE

if my research is correct, this was given out as a part of the 1933 SS meeting in munich.
    but my research is often flawed, so here it is.
    looks like it's made of copper, since there's a lot of green areas on the back.
    very solid piece. i can't bend it with my bare hands.

i'd like to know more about the medal since i see a lot of cheap ones on ebay, but i think those are repros/surplus from post-war raids
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1933 SS gautag munchen commemorative medal   1933 SS gautag munchen commemorative medal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1933 SS gautag munchen commemorative medal
    P
    Many

Aged fake imo, it has a coffin shaped pin plate which is always a no no for me. regards Paul

?

I believe these are considered fantasy badges by the majority of collectors. There is a thread on at least one of the forums that I can remember & here is a thread I found doing a search on this forum: 1933 SS Gautag in Munich badge

Duzig(Bill)

thx again, what does a genuine one look like? since this one has the coffin pin

As a fantasy badge, there would be no genuine badge to compare it to. It's a design fabricated by whichever faker put it together, not something that ever existed between 1933-45.

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    As a fantasy badge, there would be no genuine badge to compare it to. It's a design fabricated by whichever faker put it together, not something that ever existed between 1933-45.

B.B.
    This is correct, a fantasy which turned up in the 80s and then was included in Ron Manion's German Military Collectibles Price Guide in the 1990s, which is just full of junk.
    Sadly many dealers still sell these and burn people as originals even tho it has been known for decades they are rubbish.

Morris

?

I considered buying one of these ten years ago and was advised the same. take a quick look at the other comments in the thread

SS Gautag München Tinnie

Just for info this is the badge I believe this badge was based on, credit:- GERMANWARBOOTY.COM...Authentic Militaria
    Regards Paul.