Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

3 x 1936 German Olympic badge

Article about: nead you help for price off the olympique medal one green . yellow and red here is a 1936 XI OLYMPIADE BERLIN Kampfricher (judges)Badge. As you can see from the photos the badge is in perfec

?

Default Re: 3 x 1936 German Olympic badge

I too recently fell for this fantasy badge. Drawn like a moth to the flame to this nicely detailed enamel badge. I believe mine is a first generation fantasy badge with the round pin plate. Fortunately I have this great site as a source to help me decipher the good from the bad and will promptly return it.
    Attached Images Attached Images 3 x 1936 German  Olympic  badge  3 x 1936 German  Olympic  badge 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3 x 1936 German  Olympic  badge
    P
    Many

I to fell for the very same badge, always paying for higher education.

Randy Crump
    ?

Default help!!!! 1936 olympics

3 x 1936 German  Olympic  badge3 x 1936 German  Olympic  badgecould you help I. D. this

This appears to be a locally-engraved/awarded Sports Medal marking the 25th Anniversary of some sort of Sports Club, "In the year of the Olympic Games" 1936...However, it is not related to the Berlin Games itself, btw...
    I'm leaning towards a local Marksmanship Association (Schuetzen Verein)....
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 08-28-2015 at 06:34 PM.

Hey everyone! sorry for the random bumpness of this thread,
    I have a chance to buy this pin, and I am currently wondering about the legitimacy of it.

There are no swastikas on it, and from I have read earlier in the thread they were not allowed to have that on their memorabilia3 x 1936 German  Olympic  badge for the games anyways, so it makes me believe it is semi-real..

Just looking to see if anyone has more info on these

I don't like the look of it all. The quality is lacking and it may well be a fantasy item.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hello, I agree with Ade. I would not waste money on that badge. It looks like poor quality plastic enamel not the quality glass enamel you would expect. Also the rounded font letters and poor detailing in general indicate a fake. Olympic badges in general are widely faked.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

George Santayana

I am casting my vote with Ade and Aldo. The enamel seems poor quality and under close examination is likely the plastic faux enamel used on the fantasy badges.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2