Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

The 9th of November

Article about: Got my camera out and thought that I would share a few photos of my 1st pattern Blood Order with you all. It was awarded to Franz Fuchs who was a member of SA Munchen. He was also a holder o

Default The 9th of November

Got my camera out and thought that I would share a few photos of my 1st pattern Blood Order with you all. It was awarded to Franz Fuchs who was a member of SA Munchen. He was also a holder of the Coburg Badge, GPB and the 1929 RPT Badge.
    Attached Images Attached Images The 9th of November  The 9th of November 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The 9th of November
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: The 9th of November

Erich -
    As usual an outstanding peice - wish I could find my great uncles

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Thanks Horst, I also wish that you could find that missing piece of your family history my friend. Best, Erich

Extraordinary, crisp, clean, medal Erich. Always a joy to see such great examples, thanks for sharing. Nice touch with the Felderrnhalle photo in the background. I really liked the old avatar you used of the center sculpture.

Jay

Thanks Jay for the kind words and you never know the old avatar may return sometime!

Great stuff Erich. Awesome medal.
    Here one of my recent finds , this one has plenty of wear and was awarded to Hans Weckmann from the Infanterieschule. Its on my 'to do list' regards to researching.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The 9th of November   The 9th of November  

Thanks Jon, and thanks for adding your newest BO to this thread. Like you, these Blood Orders really get my juices flowing and I can't get enough of them! Best, Erich

Hello Erich and Jon

Remarkable images of the so very charismatic Blood Order.

I know that a near tome has been exchanged on another forum, however for the uninitiated to include myself (belt buckles and SA event/meeting badges), are the two Blood Orders shown first pattern? How many patterns are known? Why different patterns? May we have the benefit of images to other patterns?

Regards,

David

David, both are first patterns and were numbered from 1 to 1500 and was given to those who took part in the Munich Putsch. The second pattern was numbered from about 1600 to 4100. The second pattern was given as an honor ward to those who were either wounded or jailed for at least one year in service to the Party. The first patterns were maker marked by Fuess and the second patterns were not and had a .800 rather than a.990 silver content on the first pattern.

I wanted to share this rare little ribbon device that goes very nicely with my Blood Order.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The 9th of November