Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

An actual legitimate Political Uniform on Ebay!

Article about: I've noticed that sometimes late at night, certain forbidden symbols appear on Ebay for a brief period! I saw this and had to save the pictures as I was curious as to what this Political Roc

?

Default An actual legitimate Political Uniform on Ebay!

I've noticed that sometimes late at night, certain forbidden symbols appear on Ebay for a brief period! I saw this and had to save the pictures as I was curious as to what this Political Rock was exactly! I don't know much about political uniforms, but this was a one-looker to even a neophyte like myself. The seller had a $5,000 price tag on it. I thought this might be an interesting thing for our political collectors to take a look at. The gentleman also listed his phone number!

An actual legitimate Political Uniform on Ebay!An actual legitimate Political Uniform on Ebay!An actual legitimate Political Uniform on Ebay!An actual legitimate Political Uniform on Ebay!An actual legitimate Political Uniform on Ebay!An actual legitimate Political Uniform on Ebay!

In any event, I hope this thread is at least interesting.
    Best,
    Eddie
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An actual legitimate Political Uniform on Ebay!
    P
    Many

Default Re: An actual legitimate Political Uniform on Ebay!

I would say half the tinnies and pins don't go on that uniform, in my eyes someone has throw on a bunch of random pins to up the value.

WTH are all the little junk medals and pins doing stuck on that uniform? lol What did this seller do-just stick anything with a pin and a swastika he had on hand onto this uniform? And, for 5 grand, I want a few Better classes of pins, in any case. Maybe a Gold Party Badge, would be a nice start...perhaps a nice rare Gau badge...And, why is it wearing that armband? Nice Kreisleitung hat,by the way...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Oh, I agree, I can see a number of very common tinnies present on this uniform, I think though that this looks a case of a GI sticking random stuff on a uniform, or flag, or armband as he found it, not necessarily to increase the value of the item. I bet the feldspanges and the Iron Cross are original though. I'm curious as to what the large medal, or badge in the middle of the 4th photo is too. I should say though that I have no horse in this race, I'm just curious as to what it is exactly.

Looking at the ribbon bars, Maybeeeee.....they could be original to it. They mostly seem to be WWI ribbons and long service badges, so it Might be plausible for a political to be wearing them, but somehow I rather doubt an old guy like this would have been Hitler Youth involved...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Yeah, I think all the HJ pins are something that definitely got added later. Maybe his son, or a neighbor was the HJ? Who knows. Are those tie pins on the lapel? Is that Kampfbinde not supposed to be on this? Is this what the Germans called a "Golden Pheasant" due to the shoulderbraids?

As doomtown posted, almost certainly added by the Vet and I have seen similar things done to flags and other items such as holsters and mapcases etc...
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Every one seems to agree on this posting.................i believe the large tinnie in the 4th photo is a 1936 Gau -tag tinnie....approx 2" x 1 1/2"...........DAVE H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An actual legitimate Political Uniform on Ebay!  

I agree that it is likely a veteran pinned all of these items on his tunic bring back. The tunic is an SA sturmbann fuhrer and the cap is NSDAP Kreisleitung. This looks more like an untouched veteran's stash. I wonder how long it will stay on Ebay before the E-cops send it to the bin.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

I think it only lasted about 3 hours, and the gentleman listed his number, so I think he knew that that would happen. Interesting piece though. Thanks for reading.
    Best,
    Eddie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast