Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

any ideas?

Article about: Hi have just refound this forum and was wondering if anyone can tell me what this item is. it is a blue swastika possibly made of brass and is only about 1cm across probably of a necklace -

phizaklea
    ?

Default any ideas?

Hi have just refound this forum and was wondering if anyone can tell me what this item is. it is a blue swastika possibly made of brass and is only about 1cm across probably of a necklace - looks like a charm. it came from a house clearance and was amongst a soldiers personal items fromm ww2. i thought it had a religious background but according to ebay it is banned as it is nazi symbol and likely to incite racial hatred!! their words not mine!! any ideas welcomedany ideas?

2. # ADS

?

Prior to the Nazi's co-opting the swastika as their own symbol, it was widely used as a symbol of good luck in many cultures throughout the world. The crooked cross can still be seen in use in some Buddhist temples and native American ceremonies. The British and Americans used it a good luck tokens and it even appeared as the symbol for the 45th division prior to WWII, and the Fins adopted a blue swastika on their aircrafts and pilots medals. I have seen it in all colors including blue. This piece was most certainly a pre WWII good luck charm. Good luck trying to explain that to the ebay police, it will never happen. While the swatiska has been banned by ebay other symbols conitnue on as if nothing else mattered. I contend that the Japanese were as brutal as the Nazi's if not worse. Why can you buy a rising sun or meatball flag without any problem ? the answer is P.C.

?

You get the idea..............

any ideas?any ideas?any ideas?any ideas?any ideas?any ideas?any ideas?any ideas?any ideas?any ideas?any ideas?any ideas?any ideas?any ideas?any ideas?any ideas?any ideas?any ideas?

RMD
    ?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Prior to the Nazi's co-opting the swastika as their own symbol, it was widely used as a symbol of good luck in many cultures throughout the world. The crooked cross can still be seen in use in some Buddhist temples and native American ceremonies. The British and Americans used it a good luck tokens and it even appeared as the symbol for the 45th division prior to WWII, and the Fins adopted a blue swastika on their aircrafts and pilots medals. I have seen it in all colors including blue. This piece was most certainly a pre WWII good luck charm. Good luck trying to explain that to the ebay police, it will never happen. While the swatiska has been banned by ebay other symbols conitnue on as if nothing else mattered. I contend that the Japanese were as brutal as the Nazi's if not worse. Why can you buy a rising sun or meatball flag without any problem ? the answer is P.C.
    .. Couldn't have said it better.

Only thing that I will add is, I believe it possible that this piece could be 20's 30's German. Only reason I say this is, before Hitler took power, when his party was still a league of street fighters, there were lots of unusual, unofficial, swastika pieces produced. Mostly with static Swastikas, but not all.

Unusual thing about this Swastika pictured above, it's turning, as the Third Reich would have. / From early Greek and Roman coins, to early British and American advertisements, the Swastika is always static. From what I have seen, anyway..

Take where I live for instance, the Buddhists are the majority. I see Swastikas all of the time. I can go walk right now, about a block, and take Swastika photos. But, all are static.

I would think that this was either made during Hitler's time, or after, 50's, 60's, 70's... But, just something to think about. As Aldo said, could very well be pre-Hitler.

any ideas?any ideas?

?

Good point , the mobile swastika may very well be German between the wars.

RMD
    ?

phizaklea... Just to let you know, there are people who authenticate jewelry, as far as the period the piece was produced. They use special microscopes, and have other skills that allow them to do this.

.. I'm not sure how much you care about knowing. Sounds like you just wanted to get rid of it on e-bay. But, thought that I would share the info with you. Since, if the piece was produced around 1919~1929, something like that, it could make the piece desirable to collectors, and hence bring you more monetary gain.

.. Anyway, take care