Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Anyone familiar with this 1 Preis cross?

Article about: I know it is a first prize for something, but can find no examples online. Thanks for looking!

Default Anyone familiar with this 1 Preis cross?

I know it is a first prize for something, but can find no examples online.
    Thanks for looking!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anyone familiar with this 1 Preis cross?
    P
    Many

A "Generic" Piece, available on the Retail Market and suitable for most any Competition, much like the items you'd encounter at a store offering Trophies/Awards/Plaques for the local kid's football team...Quite often there's a personalized engraving on the reverse....
    cheers, Glenn

It's a bit similar to the Mutterkreuz. Can it be a prize to the newborn baby? He/she came first of all the little swimmers.....

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    It's a bit similar to the Mutterkreuz. Can it be a prize to the newborn baby? He/she came first of all the little swimmers.....

The resemblance to the mother's cross is why I got it. It was inexpensive enough and not bad looking.
    Thanks Glenn for the info! I thought maybe it went to a specific event or occasion. This is not engraved on the reverse. Any idea about the timeframe?

We often encounter these -in their varied forms- with engravings on the reverse denoting local Marksmanship-Competitions, Rowing-Clubs, Horseback-Riding Competitions, Athletics etc etc....In my personal opinion, this style, exhibiting rather higher-quality material and workmanship, would have been available for purchase probably from the 1930s to the 1960s....
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    We often encounter these -in their varied forms- with engravings on the reverse denoting local Marksmanship-Competitions, Rowing-Clubs, Horseback-Riding Competitions, Athletics etc etc....In my personal opinion, this style, exhibiting rather higher-quality material and workmanship, would have been available for purchase probably from the 1930s to the 1960s....
    cheers, Glenn
    Thanks much! So it is just a well made generic prize medal. That's ok. Just wanted to know what it is. I will put it in with my civilian oriented TR stuff and go out on a limb to suppose it to be from that approximate time. It sure does resemble the mother's cross though!

Quote by carpediem View Post
    Thanks much! So it is just a well made generic prize medal. That's ok. Just wanted to know what it is. I will put it in with my civilian oriented TR stuff and go out on a limb to suppose it to be from that approximate time. It sure does resemble the mother's cross though!
    I agree with the resemblance to the Mutterkreuz, btw....I also agree that it's most likely a pre-'45 piece....
    Wishing you continued Good Luck out there, and thanks for showing!
    cheers, Glenn