Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anyone seen this sort of pendant before?

Article about: Is this something official or just junk costume jewlery? I don't even know if it's period. I bought an iron cross second class from the UK years ago, and the guy sent this as a throw in gift

Default Anyone seen this sort of pendant before?

Is this something official or just junk costume jewlery? I don't even know if it's period. I bought an iron cross second class from the UK years ago, and the guy sent this as a throw in gift. The only marking on it is 9 CT, which is an odd carat I think.

Thanks for any info!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anyone seen this sort of pendant before?
    P
    Many

Definitely an unofficial commercial piece which in my mind has a good chance of being German and period made. Many commercial swastika products were made during the 3rd Reich era.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

I've seen things similar, and they are usually not third reich related. More good luck charms before the swastika was turned into a hate symbol.

Interesting. I suppose there's little way to know where it came from then. I thought maybe it was a piece of a medal or something of that nature.

I guess I'll keep it with my other stuff. It's been in there this long.

Thanks for the info!

?

Looks like a ladys penant. And it looks like it is from the 3th reich.

Definitely well made. I would also hazard an opinion that it was a civilian support type of German TR-era jewelry. It's interesting.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The plot thickens on this pendent.

It's very small, only 3/4 of an inch wide.

I found this on the edge of it, never spotted it before. It may just be incidental scratches, but there are no other scratches this defined on the rest of the pendent. And, they resemble characters. Looks like a 4 and then some letters?

I remembered I had magnifying glasses in my modeling stuff. These are definatly not incidental scratches. That isn't a 4. It looks like a slightly lopsided 8, then A and either an I or a line that separates the A from what looks like an L or a lopsided V. I don't think the little mark on the far right is part of the engraving. I've colored in what it looks like under the magnifier. I've also shown an inverted version in case I had it turned the wrong way.

?

Like mentioned this symbol has other uses. It is a SW American Indian sign for Water. We have them on some of our dam's built in the early 1900's. If you flip it over its and ancient Egyptian good Luck sign. Connecting this to the TR might be tough unless maker mark from that time period.

Semper Fi
    Phil

9K is a common low grade gold used extensively in Europe. In the US, the lowest you generally see is 10K. The small marks could be maker's marks, owner's identification marks or who can say?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast