Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Attic Re Discovery Politische Abzeichen

Article about: Old Comrade and Reserve odds

Default Re: Attic Re Discovery Politische Abzeichen

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Some nice pieces there Doug, please post rear views of all the items you've shown.

Tom
    No probs Tom but you may have to wait till weekend when there is some daylight. I struggle to get decent pictures holding a LED light in one hand and the camera in the other. Are there any particular rear views you would like to see?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Attic Re Discovery Politische Abzeichen
    P
    Many

Quote by Saladin View Post
    Good spot M,
    it looks like the matching brother. Checked my log it was swapped for a restrike Brit cap badge.
    Anyway some more pics of the frameAttachment 448473Attachment 448472
    This is a group of political enamels.
    It is great how 20-40 years of collecting and the internet' change your opinion on originality.
    In this group I now spot 4 reproductions and 3 good ones.

Here is a bit for you Bob the Austrian NSDAP and Ludendorf badges came from the exchange and Mart in late 68/69...obviously they took a couple of years before they started flooding the market over the pond
    All the best
    Saladin

With all due respect, I disagree slightly with your above count. I see two badges that are surely original. The Karl Pfohl, RZM 31, and the Glaser, M1 109 zinc badges are original. The others are reproduction. Please advise which three you were referring to for discussion, if you'd like. Also, may I please ask you to post these two in the "unoffical badge" thread for future reference? Also, if I may add, the Pfohl badge, if I am seeing the number correctly, is very uncommon and a nice badge!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Hello Green,
    the Hungarian one.
    It is stamped above the pin with RK which I believe is the accepted original.
    Of course there is the zinc M1/109 and the M1/31 Party badges as you mention.

All these were picked up over 20 years ago...Loooooong before the net and it's resident experts were around to give us advice.

All the best
    Doug

Attachment 449300Attachment 449302Here you go Ade,
    another couple of shots of the SS pin.
    It is marked on the back GES GESCH.
    The picture isn't the best but it should give the general idea
    I found the silver lock that came with it and have pictured that
    All the best
    Doug

Quote by Saladin View Post
    Hello Green,
    the Hungarian one.
    It is stamped above the pin with RK which I believe is the accepted original.
    Of course there is the zinc M1/109 and the M1/31 Party badges as you mention.

All these were picked up over 20 years ago...Loooooong before the net and it's resident experts were around to give us advice.

All the best
    Doug
    Hi Doug, I agree, they are accepted as original but I offer you the information contained in the following link as a contrast. You have many nice desireable pieces in your recently uncovered box of goodies, I congratulate you!

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-c...ty-pin-185349/
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Hi Doug,thanks for the pics. I don't like it, sorry. I don't know what the background is to this one which you mentioned.

But the only SS pin allowed to be made by Law was the SS-ZA pin. I have have written about these before on the forum. These are serial numbered and maker marked. As soon as I saw the front of yours I had grave concerns.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade,
    you may be right but this pin came from a member of the 1st SS Panzer Div...cutting a long story short his daughter married a lad from the Regiment and I was later introduced to him.
    I was given this pin along with the Cigarette card book...Adolf Hitler in which he was pictured in his SS uniform holding back the crowds by him so it doesn't owe me anything.
    He did tell me that after the war all the ex SS vets were advised to destroy the pictures they had taken during the war but he did have an albumn full of when he was employed by the Brit occupying force as a policeman!

Still has a bit of history in it's own right
    All the best Doug

Hi Saladin, Ade "may" not be right, he IS! SS-Zivilabzeichen were only made by Hoffstätter and Gahr, and numbered. There is plenty of information about these in the early RZM announcement papers. Any ss-civil stickpin that is not marked by Hoffstätter or Gahr, is a fake. There are good fakes though marked with the name Hoffstätter and numbered, and good fakes that are unnumbered.

From what i can see so far, lots of what you have is not genuine If you could show the reverse of the HJ badges?
    Attic Re Discovery Politische Abzeichen

Hi

Not up to date with these, but does that apply to SS FM pins as well????

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Hi

Not up to date with these, but does that apply to SS FM pins as well????
    SSFM pins (as well as SSFM-Ehrennadeln) are a subject all on their own. These were only made by Deschler and not by Hoffstätter or Gahr. The SS-civil pin and the SSFM badge were for two very different things/people.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast