Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Auction items, Is it good?

Article about: Hi Pat, The Field Police patch is as Adrian and Phill have both pointed out incorrectly placed. It also a replica patch. If one zooms in closely, the feathering pattern on the breast is wron

?

Default Re: Auction items, Is it good?

Hi Pat,

The Field Police patch is as Adrian and Phill have both pointed out incorrectly placed. It also a replica patch. If one zooms in closely, the feathering pattern on the breast is wrong.

Regards,

Carl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Auction items, Is it good?
    P
    Many

The police tunic is TOTALLY BOGUS.

I have no idea what the tunic is trying to be.
    The trim is white which is admin, but the tabs appear to be Municipal Police.
    The boards are city police boards, doesn't go with ANYTHING else here.
    The eagle is NOT a field police eagle but rather a post 1941 rural police eagle. The construction and style indicates that clearly.

Carl, this eagle is real and it is correct. You are right that the placement is WRONG. There were many patterns of Eagles.

I also DO NOT like the color of the material.

From what I can see this MAY be a costume piece. I have encountered THREE police uniforms that were hodgepodged costume pieces with post-war or fake/tailored tunics and a mix of correct boards/tabs/eagles. This started appearing about a year and half ago. Maybe some playhouse is clearing these bogus items out?

So to sum it up:
    Admin? Tunic
    Municipal Tabs
    City Boards
    Rural Eagle

STAY AWAY.

The other tunic is a standard fire police tunic. But let me warn you. No eagle, no collar tabs... To me would indicate pre-Nazi, or POST WAR! East German and even the West continued with those same style uniforms for a long time. Some small hamlets were wearing them into the 1980s.

If you need any other help with Police tunics PLEASE contact me, I am purchasing my 6th this year.

-Martin

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I actually see no problem with the flag or the places named. A British Veteran could easily have served in all those places.

The tunic is Fire Brigade.

The other Police tunic: the sleeve eagle is badly postitioned and that indicates it is replaced. Better pics needed. But it has promise. It buttons up correctly.

Cheers, Ade.
    I stand corrected, Well done Ade, I need to look and learn alot more before making judgements on things i know little about.

Phill

I agree that the flag looks like it may well be ok. The dark blue tunic is east german fire brigade and the police looks bad. Cheers, Torsten.

I would by the flag, it's history!
    just think what it have been trough!
    But do not pay to much, it's in bad condision!

?

The auction is long over and all my absantee bids were outbid unfortunalty.

cheers,
    pat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2