Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Auction Scam Alert

Article about: A fellow collector notified me that someone in France has posted a picture of my early political leader brownshirt and kepi on an auction site called Militaria321. Whoever it is, he has it l

Default Re: Auction Scam Alert

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I received the following response from the auction site:
    thank you very much, we closed taht account and deleted the auction.
    We wish you a Happy Chrismas, too.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    support@militaria321.com

At least they acted on the information. I am still bothered by all of the personal information they request.
    Bob, if they require that much information, maybe they would be willing to send you any info on the person that posted your uniform for sale?
    Just sayin'
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Auction Scam Alert
    P
    Many

I'm sure they do not do it. Once I have a problem with a seller - I won an auction, paid for it and got no reply nor my item. I contacted this auction site and the only help was that they closed his account and said I have to go to the police or to the court. Of course I had his address etc but who wants to go to a foreign court for a 100-200 euros? But as I said - at least they react and want to keep their auction site clean.

bob they are a reputable site,I have dealt wih them for a long time.merry xmas.

I'm very glad it all worked out !

I have seen this before over at this particular site, with photos from Oakleaf Militaria.

Glad they closed down the auction and banned the member !

As to the site itself i believe they are quite honorable when it comes to handling the personal information one has to give up,
    i gave them a scan of my drivers license when i signed up and i have never had any issues with them.

Holliday Greetings from Norway,
    Jon. H.

I never had any reason to question the integrity of the owners of the site. My concern was with the personal information I would have to supply as I have no idea how secure it is. To each his own in this type of situation.
    A special thanks to Jon-Olav for making me aware of the situation.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Excellent work exposing a scam, thankfully before someone got taken. Kudos to Jon-Olav for alerting Bob, and to Bob for handling the situation so tactfully and effectively with that sites administers. Probably saved someone a good deal of money and disappointment in the end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2