Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this an authentic WW2 Danger porcelain sign?

Article about: Hello, I recently picked this item up from a military estate sale. Not too familiar with these at all, but I really liked the sign itself. Really dislike the fact the swastika was scratched/

Default Is this an authentic WW2 Danger porcelain sign?

Hello,

I recently picked this item up from a military estate sale. Not too familiar with these at all, but I really liked the sign itself. Really dislike the fact the swastika was scratched/heavily carved out by someone at some point. Would love to get some feedback, if anyone knows a little more about it. Thanks in advance, and I appreciate it.

Jack
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this an authentic WW2 Danger porcelain sign?   Is this an authentic WW2 Danger porcelain sign?  

Is this an authentic WW2 Danger porcelain sign?   Is this an authentic WW2 Danger porcelain sign?  

Is this an authentic WW2 Danger porcelain sign?   Is this an authentic WW2 Danger porcelain sign?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an authentic WW2 Danger porcelain sign?
    P
    Many

mpw
    ?

Not sure how old it is but the scratching on the reverse looks to have been done very recently due to the lack of any rusting in the heavy score marks.

Mark.

Hi, i dont like it. For me, its a poor attempt to fool someone.

like danger explosives !
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

I t doesn't not look right to me either, looks like a couple of repros I have, not danger signs, but the rusting looks the same..sorry I just woke up!!

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

The stamp on the back does not make any sense and appears to be placed there for pizzaz value. Although not conclusive, I have never seen anything like this in many years of collecting. Further, the design and construction are not like anything I have seen made in the period
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The sign looks almost identical to one at the County barn Noxis weed dept door sign as weed killer is stored there I too don't see any WW2 connection but never say never. timothy

Pass.
    chris

We've been seeing similar dubious signage coming out of Poland...I agree with Bob, the reverse eagle is an attempt to mislead the buyer into believing it's a period piece...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Thumbs down

There were cloth mine field markers, but I've never seen or heard of a porcelan one.
    I agree that the eagle on the back is completely out of place and makes me think the entire sign is a fake.
    I can't imagine a use for a metal one rather than the cloth flag markers.
    Sarge

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast