Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Battered RAD Badge.

Article about: Bought this rather bashed up RAD badge in an auction lot of TR badges, my questions ? is it genuine and obviously the clasp or pin is missing but what sort of fixing should be attached to th

Default Battered RAD Badge.

Bought this rather bashed up RAD badge in an auction lot of TR badges, my questions ? is it genuine and obviously the clasp or pin is missing but what sort of fixing should be attached to the back if it was complete ? Thanks for any opinions as always.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battered RAD Badge.   Battered RAD Badge.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Battered RAD Badge.
    P
    Many

There's a very similar one here with roundwire pins top and bottom.

The Collector's Guild

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Battered RAD Badge.

Looks legit and the rear should look like this!...

Thank You Gentlemen, it has something going for it at least, I'm not surprised that the pins are missing on my example I imagine it would'nt take long for them to snap after being bent several times, appreciate your time.

?

Smile Rad cap pin

A very nice cap pin..
    There were several if not countless makers using different styles of materials
    and workmanship.. Yours is a Assman & Sohn..
    Here is one for comparison.. (Steinhaur & Luck) Again.. Not a bad piece.. Thanks for
    sharing..Gwar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battered RAD Badge.   Battered RAD Badge.  

Thanks Gwar, so it is a cap badge, thats nice to know and thanks for the info, I do like the RAD and DAP items and hope to add a few more to my collection, thanks for taking the time to comment.

Phil

?

A.S. Is not Assman & Sohn.. Assman and Sohn would probably be marked with a prominent "A".
    I regret that I may have been rather foolish to assume that maker.. I would rather though, start a Rad cap badge makers thread... Your example would be a great way to get the ball rolling.
    I could be totally wrong though. Based on previous threads I believe I am within boundaries by stating that this maker is "Genuine" and may be a maker not yet associated or known.. Gwar

?

Default Assman & Sohn

Here is one example.. G
    Attached Images Attached Images Battered RAD Badge.