Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Can't identify this RAD stickpin?

Article about: Hey guys, hows everyone this evening? Ive got a RAD stickpin that I cant find a photo or any information on. Anybody ever see one of these? Is it just a membership pin of some sorts? Is it e

So the general consent is that its post war.
    Guess Ill be passing on this one.
    Thanks for the feedback everyone.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can't identify this RAD stickpin?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

A quick google search has shown no other examples of Hoffsatter Bonn markings like this. Not scientific or proper research but there is a pattern.

All the stick pins I have seen marked Hoffsatter Bonn also have the Ges Gesch marking as well.

Here are a few examples.

An SA Stickpin by Hoffstatter-Bonn

- DAFJ members lapel pin

SS membership buttonhole pin

Wittmann Antique Militaria #41168C SA Membership Stickpin
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    An excerpt from Jo's party badge book concerning pin attachments. I don't know if the same is true for potwar production or not, but it's good information for future reference. Thanks Andeas for the translation help! Kindest regards.

Brian

Attachment 1231120Attachment 1231121
    Great info Brian, thanks man.

Thanks MAP, I appreciate the research.
    I searched the internet for this pin, and the only example I found was another one someone had up for sale.
    The same markings on that pin as well.

?

Update: There was a very informative post by a member on our FB page " Arbeitsdienst and Reichsarbeitsdienst, FAD, RAD, RADWJ Collectors " The stickpin in question is actually
    the " Insignia " of " The Bund der Notgemeinschaften ehemaliger Arbeitsdienstangehoriger
    und iher Hinterbliebenen " or BNA for short. The following pics, document and explanation
    is by Ed van Engeland, a historian and archivist very well versed in most if not all aspects
    relating to the Reichsarbeitsdienst and other similar groups. Also attached are male and
    female version .. Enjoy.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can't identify this RAD stickpin?   Can't identify this RAD stickpin?  

Can't identify this RAD stickpin?   Can't identify this RAD stickpin?  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Must admit, I wasn't even aware of that organisation's existence. Thanks for solving the mystery!

It looked like a Vet Association pin to me, but haven't seen one like this before thanks GWAR

?

Commemorative piece
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can't identify this RAD stickpin?   Can't identify this RAD stickpin?  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2