Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cased examples of the Reichsparteitag Nürnberg 1929 "plaques".

Article about: While I haven't saved any pics of the case, here is the golden version of the plaque. By golden I mean gilded tombak. This one is a solid backed specimen but at least one hollow back gold ve

Default Cased examples of the Reichsparteitag Nürnberg 1929 "plaques".

Perhaps this brace may be of interest to those forum members who tread the Political path.

Here are two side by side examples of the still somewhat enigmatic, cased Reichsparteitag Nürnberg 1929 "plaques".

The exact purpose of these plaques remains unclear and anecdotally, they are found as "bronze", "silver" and "gold" - so one to go!

Heavily faked of course to include the cases, however the fakes are reasonably easy to identify when compared to an original example.

Would greatly appreciate any comments or other examples to be added to this thread.

Regards.

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cased examples of the Reichsparteitag Nürnberg 1929 "plaques".
    P
    Many

Simply gorgeous, David...This is the first time I've seen the case, had no idea they were being reproduced either....
    Thanks so much for sharing these incredible badges!
    cheers, Glenn

?

They are lovely original items , i think this one below is a fake but thought i'd add it for comparison , it is from a well known dubious site and the detailing is not a crisp as the originals.

Dear Glenn and Jimm

Many thanks for your comments, so far.

So - I spy with my little eye - numerous differences to the obverse of the two against one, however 4 obvious differences toward which I think relate to the fake are:-

1 curly second R
    2 outer profile to the steel helmet where the oak leaf wreath rests
    3 comb on the eagles head
    4 chamfered 45 degrees cut to the skirt of the steel helmet

Regards,

David

?

Now those are great cased items!!! Thanks for sharing!

?

Very well spotted to spy those differences , the II in the U of Nurnberg is also not clear at all on the fake when compared to the originals which are clear and crisp.

Original examples are rare, the boxes are extremely rare and I cannot think of a better box or a boxed/unboxed premium differential. Very nice!

very nice post.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast