Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CERAMIC or Porcelain "Tinnie" rally badge Pin ? BAVARIAN EASTERN MARCH

Article about: Thanks! At the present time I don't have any that need identifying. I was mainly thinking of getting the book(s) for future purchases. But, if I get any in the near future I will be sure to

Default CERAMIC or Porcelain "Tinnie" rally badge Pin ? BAVARIAN EASTERN MARCH

I have 3 of these very nice ceramic/porcelain rally badges? I think they would be called that, but I'm not sure. The online translator stated something about "the Bavarian Eastern March", but did not translate the word "Gautreffen". What does that word mean? Are these ceramic badges more rare than the metal ones? All three are in great shape with the original pins on the backs. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CERAMIC or Porcelain "Tinnie" rally badge Pin ?  BAVARIAN EASTERN MARCH   CERAMIC or Porcelain "Tinnie" rally badge Pin ?  BAVARIAN EASTERN MARCH  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement CERAMIC or Porcelain "Tinnie" rally badge Pin ?  BAVARIAN EASTERN MARCH
    P
    Many

Default Re: CERAMIC or Porcelain "Tinnie" rally badge Pin ? BAVARIAN EASTERN MARCH

A Gau is a region like a district, a province.
    And a Treffen is a reunion, a gathering.
    Could answer if they are more rare the the metal, but I would thinl so.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: CERAMIC or Porcelain "Tinnie" rally badge Pin ? BAVARIAN EASTERN MARCH

Bayrische Ostmark is the name of the Gau or Region. Nothing to do with a march. I know I recommended online translators to you earlier, but sometimes they do have problems!

See here to understand more about the Gau regions:

Administrative divisions of Nazi Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is intersting about collecting day badges is the different materials used to make them.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade. I checked out the website. Very informative. Are these really worth anything? I have 3 of them...all in great shape. They are really neat looking. I looked at that map on Wikipedia and from what I can tell...the region on this badges is in southern Germany--around Munich. thanks again!

?

Is it possible that this is a WHW ( I think thats the term) badge..sold to raise funds for the poor each Cristmas...I do know they sold differant items in themes each year.
    Just a thought.
    Dean

Hi Dean, no, this is not a WHW item. This one was a souvenir/fund raising badge for the event. A very popular method of making money for the Party, plus it provided the makers with work, and a good propaganda tool too.

Hi, yes, the badges are very collectable and have a value, not sure how much today though. Maybe around the $30 mark at a guess?

Cheers, Ade.

thanks for all your input!! I don't know alot about the Rally badges and other such 'fund-raising' badges and pins. But, I have found out that there are ALOT of different ones out there! These ceramic ones are my favorites though---very well made and surprised they survived in such good shape all these years.

Ade is right, it is not a WHW-Gau 2 Bayreuth (formerly Bayerische Ostmark) donation badge, it is a tinnie, and is listed as such in the Tieste tinnie reference books as Bayerische Ostmark (T36-01). There are two types, 36-01a is for the 43 : 47mm, and 36-01b is the 40 : 43mm variant.

Thanks for the additional information. I will have to find the Tieste tinnie reference books. I have other tinnies that I would like to get identified and sounds like that book may be my answer! thanks again

The most recent edition (2006) runs two volumes, and lists 12,500 tinnies. They cost 70 euros, and are big and heavy, so postage from Germany is not cheap. I'd be happy to help you if you can post some photos. His next editions are due in 2014, and hopefully will either include pre-1930 tinnies, or he will have a seperate volume for such pieces.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast