Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Cheating ???

Article about: I am thinking of putting together a Rad EM/ or other type Mannequin after seeing Rossi's post.. My question is this.. Would it be considered cheating by ordering several pieces for instance,

Quote by MAP View Post
    no....it means your stuff goes to MY kids
    So now your kids get 3 collections worth of stuff. It would be like a MEGA Christmas or in our case an "uber Christmas"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cheating ???
    P
    Many

Cheating ???.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Harry.... Oooops Larry... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Hi Gwar, attitudes to collecting and adding insignia have changed over the years.

Back in the 1970', 1980's and even the early 1990's this was commonplace.

I have never done it with anything German in my 35 year plus collecting career. If an item was missing a bit of insignia, I pinned it or lightly tacked it in place only.

However, I have done it with British battledress and US class A uniform back in the 1980's. My Mum was a seamstress and all was original and either hand sewn or machine stitched and done with old thread out of Mum's sewing box. I am certain my former US kit resides in collections today (after been sold in 1990) and people will think it original and un touched.......

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

If I restore obviously missing insignia to any items in my collection I do as Ade said he does which is to tack it in place leaving it obvious that it has been restored.

Always a risk that after you it will be sold as untouched especially if using original thread.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2