Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

cloth NSFK insignia

Article about: Hello all, I would like to apologize if I placed this in the wrong section but it is a bit of an oddity to me. Can anyone please identify this for me? At first I thought it was a helmet deca

Default cloth NSFK insignia

Hello all,

I would like to apologize if I placed this in the wrong section but it is a bit of an oddity to me. Can anyone please identify this for me? At first I thought it was a helmet decal but it is pretty big (5-1/2" wide) and printed on cloth. Is this is a sport shirt insignia or something along those lines?

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture cloth NSFK insignia   cloth NSFK insignia  

cloth NSFK insignia   cloth NSFK insignia  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement cloth NSFK insignia
    P
    Many

Hello Mr William good to speak to you again! Just thinking out loud here but the shape and size of your item reminds me of the interior celluloid shape one sees on the interior of the peaked caps so could this be a removed insert? Best regards.

Brian

Definitely a sports shirt insignia. It has nothing to do with the interior of a kepi.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

William, I just found this post while doing a search and that is a repro Icarus; there was an online auction that had a pennant and an armband that had that exact Icarus obviously in different sizes but the same exact design, color and material. I have the pennant in my possession. Yours may have been made to make people think it was for a sports shirt .... but it is a repro / fantasy piece and not even close to a good example of the sport shirt insignia it is trying to be.

Quote by mike41 View Post
    William, I just found this post while doing a search and that is a repro Icarus; there was an online auction that had a pennant and an armband that had that exact Icarus obviously in different sizes but the same exact design, color and material. I have the pennant in my possession. Yours may have been made to make people think it was for a sports shirt .... but it is a repro / fantasy piece and not even close to a good example of the sport shirt insignia it is trying to be.
    Thanlx for the information on this patch. It is near impossible to keep up on all the fakes out there today. The design is period but not fantasy.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by mike41 View Post
    Mike can you post pics of what you have please?