Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

DAF Plaque

Article about: Good info! For me, that puts it to bed. I have never bought one and the lack of fittings and any clear indication of what they were for has always bugged me. My advice to anyone owning one w

?

Default Here r a photo taken form a wartime catalog :)

DAF Plaque

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAF Plaque
    P
    Many

?

One just sold on Bunker Militaria's site here for $150.00: Bunker Militaria: Original Nazi Era German DAF Aluminum Plaque
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

I started a thread asking about this item, and then i was sent by "rbminis" to this very complete thread where the matter was very intensely disussed...

The conclusion of all is that there are 70´s fakes and true ones, that were mounted on a base, and where displayed on desk or some shelf

Here i leave the pics of my relic one. The first relic DAF emblem on this thread, and surely not a seventies fake..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAF Plaque   DAF Plaque  

?

Hello,
    I have read on various forums about these items originality, both pro and con and happened to be looking at a site on the web that had this picture from a war time catalog apparently with an item that looks just like these plaques shown. I don't own one of these plaques but this seems to show that this item actually existed during the time period. Don't know anything about repros of these and as I said don't own one. Attached is a picture of said item. I haven't seen this picture before unless I missed it on this thread.DAF Plaque

Quote by Duzig View Post
    I have read on various forums about these items originality, both pro and con and happened to be looking at a site on the web that had this picture from a war time catalog apparently with an item that looks just like these plaques shown. I don't own one of these plaques but this seems to show that this item actually existed during the time period.

Sorry, but the above ad really has nothing to do with the metal emblems.

It is for two-dimensional printed/painted decorative sheets with the logos for various Nazi organisations.

These designs were available on textile material for interior use and on weatherproofed paper stock for exterior use. (Made to be illuminated from behind, they could be easily affixed to wooden frames by thumb-tacks and were also suitable as wall decorations, as the text lets us know.)

?

Hello,
    Thank you for your reply. I kind of wondered why this picture hadn't been shown before & I did not try translating any of it beforehand so I thank you for posting the translation regarding this object.
    Duzig(Bill)

Hello all!

i see this thread is some years old, but i will share some picture of my DAF desk ornament. I am still not sure
    if its good or fake, the dealer i bougth it from seems to be good, but offcourse even good dealers can be wrong.
    i see the debate and those who say its fake is becasue they not know what it was used for. maybe this is what they
    where used for Desk decoration ornament/piece. sorry for bad english but hope you understand my point,

Regards Tobias

DAF Plaque
    DAF Plaque
    DAF Plaque
    DAF Plaque
    Attached Images Attached Images DAF Plaque 

here is one more pic of one of my DAF desk piece at my place this one is mounted on
    a bakelit base , if it is good still no clue? this one sure seems to be repainted with some
    silverpaint post war. all opinions apriciated!

never mind the toy soilder display not historic correct at all, but i like it.

Cheers Tobias

DAF Plaque

Or repainted with some silver paint post 70ies fakes.

is the same stamp Erhard & Söhne GmbH

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast