Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Daf Tunic and Pants

Article about: Hello, a few weeks ago I posted this same uniform. I have more detailed pics of the interior. To me it looks original according to the regulation pic I found. I would love your opinions on t

Default Daf Tunic and Pants

Hello, a few weeks ago I posted this same uniform. I have more detailed pics of the interior. To me it looks original according to the regulation pic I found. I would love your opinions on the uniform. I am considering buying it and don't want to be burnt. The jacket doesn't have a tag on it though, maybe it was removed post war. The buttons have the Swastika and Cogwheel symbol. Thank you all for your time. Daf Tunic and PantsDaf Tunic and PantsDaf Tunic and PantsDaf Tunic and PantsDaf Tunic and PantsDaf Tunic and PantsDaf Tunic and PantsDaf Tunic and PantsDaf Tunic and PantsDaf Tunic and Pants

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Daf Tunic and Pants
    P
    Many

looks ok to me.

I believe that the presence of the proper buttons make it a period original outfit.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I believe that the presence of the proper buttons make it a period original outfit.
    There is even a much better proof about originality: the lining in quality 3.

From the manufacturing regulation:

Daf Tunic and Pants

The actual lining indications:

Daf Tunic and Pants

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    There is even a much better proof about originality: the lining in quality 3.
    Agreed. It is hard to believe that anybody would fake a DAF Festanzug to such a high standard that they would even copy the lining.

It's surely original.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Agreed. It is hard to believe that anybody would fake a DAF Festanzug to such a high standard that they would even copy the lining. It's surely original.
    No doubt about its originality. The doubts were caused - somewhere else - due to the missing cloth label.
    But if one would read the regulation then one would know that a triangle paper tag was attached and
    these of course were immediately removed. These costumes were made in such way one could wear it
    as civil. With permission of the RZM manufacturers were allowed to ask this and make the Festanzug
    into a civil gear. Just the buttons had to be changed correctly!

In fact the same was done with the creation for the dress for the NS.Reichskriegerbund (NSRKB), as well as
    NS. Kriegsopferversorgung (NSKOV) and the Soldatenbund: removing the insignia and "voila"!

Daf Tunic and Pants

Daf Tunic and Pants