Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DAF uniform

Article about: Hello, I am considering purchasing a DAF uniform that I have discovered online. I am not very experienced in collecting and would greatly appreciate any help and advise on the uniform. I was

Default DAF uniform

Hello, I am considering purchasing a DAF uniform that I have discovered online. I am not very experienced in collecting and would greatly appreciate any help and advise on the uniform. I was wanting to know if you all think the hat, tunic and pants are original according to the pictures I posted. I know the hat has a RZM tag present. Thank you all for your time. DAF uniformDAF uniformDAF uniformDAF uniformDAF uniformDAF uniformDAF uniformDAF uniformDAF uniformDAF uniform

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAF uniform
    P
    Many

Yes

The cap is definitely period original. As to the jacket and pants, there is nothing that can be judged from such generic pictures. I would need to closeups of the details including RZM tags.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Bob, does the tunic and pants always have the RZM tags? I was told that the uniform was worn post war too and the tags may have been removed. Is that a possibility?

I will try to get better pics of the tunic and pants soon.

Quote by tonyhayes198 View Post
    Bob, does the tunic and pants always have the RZM tags? I was told that the uniform was worn post war too and the tags may have been removed. Is that a possibility?
    Anything is possible. In my opinion, it is better to collect items that do not have anything that needs to be explained. It likely also does not have the cogwheel swastika buttons. I would pass as DAF material comes along fairly frequently.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Have also a look at the thread: Need help! DAF uniform

There is a copy from a manufacturing regulation, which does not mention
    an RZM label, but a tag. Close-up photos are required as I cannot see if
    there is a symbol with the buttons.
    The cap is okay!

The tunic and pants are from Collector's Guild, I have heard good things about them. Has anyone purchased items from them?